Empower our customers, and we’ll do the same for you.
We believe that a bank should do more than assist its customers. It should give them the means to shape and improve their own futures.
It’s this belief that led to the creation of our purpose: empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
Every ING colleague is given the opportunity to contribute to that vision. If you’ve got good ideas that lead to a more empowering customer experience, you’ll be given the chance to make them happen - whatever your position.
At ING, we’ve always championed self-reliance. It’s what we enable in our customers, and it’s what we expect from our 52,000 colleagues.
That’s why, with us, there’s no single pre-defined career ladder: just opportunity to design your own. If you’re a determined self-starter ready to carve out your own path, then a career at ING could be for you.
How we do it
Our operations touch many lives: customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and society at large.
Success will only be achieved if we act with integrity, balancing the rights and interests of all involved.
The Orange Code is our manifesto for how we stay true to our purpose and our tradition of reinvention and empowerment. It comes in two parts:
- ING Values: the qualities shared by every ING colleague.
- We are honest - with our customers, with those who govern us, and with each other.
- We are prudent - we deal with other people’s money and financial information, and we honor the trust they place in us.
- We are responsible - we are mindful of the social and environmental impact of all that we do.
- ING Behaviours: the ways that ING colleagues conduct themselves.
- You take it on and make it happen - every ING colleague is expected to step up, use their initiative and make things better.
- You help others to be successful - our people work together towards common goals, and treat each other as allies, not obstacles.
- You are always a step ahead – we encourage all colleagues to stay alert to new possibilities, challenge old ways, and bring change.
Life beyond work
We encourage a proper work/life balance, which we believe benefits job satisfaction and performance.
We have introduced a range of initiatives including allowing part-time working, sabbaticals, and the Energy@ING programme, which makes it possible to work from home and receive support with managing stress.
Innovation @ ING
Ever since ING’s beginnings as a savings bank for ordinary people, innovation has been in our DNA.
Over the course of our existence, we’ve pioneered easier payment systems, spearheaded the rise of internet banking, and seamlessly transitioned to the mobile era. Today, our spirit of innovation burns as brightly as ever.
Powered by a dedicated Innovation Office, which facilitates and accelerates innovation across the organisation, we’re constantly developing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Every colleague is invited to participate – whether it’s through our international ‘Innovation Bootcamp’, or special events like our 24-hour hackathon, which sees participants race to create new software solutions.