Java Chapter Lead
2019-03-13 Requisition ID
055903 Area of interest level 1
Professional Study level
Chapter Lead Java Doc&Content Services Team
[Permanent Contract , Full-Time Brussels]
Your role & work environment
· You are an energetic Chapter Lead with people management responsibilities, knowledge of the Documents Management environments and more particularly in JAVA technologies
· You spent a part of your time on the development of your applications. The remaining part of your time you spend on building up expertise in your chapter and developing your chapter members. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others, and about coaching around approximately 10 members of your Chapter and oversee their personal development
· You and your Chapter colleagues work in an international environment in different multidisciplinary squads, together with business colleagues, Features Engineers, UX designers and OPS engineers.
Your key responsibilities
Achieve and manage IT maturity and the squad's mission
· Has an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and keeps abreast of developments:
· Regularly organize alignment meetings on chapter specific topics to update colleagues on new developments;
· Define standards and best practices for the chapter.
· Is recognized as an competent in his or her field.
· Spends approximately half of the time working as a DEV Engineer within your Squad
Development and facilitation in the hierarchical line
· Is responsible for the personal development and evaluation of his/her chapter members, based on input from the Product Owner, the Agile Coach and individual squad members.
· Encourages his/her chapter members to develop themselves and facilitates this. Provides coaching both in terms of professional and of personal development. Constantly ensures development of individual members' expertise:
· Discusses both the progress and the development needs of the chapter as a whole the IT Area Lead.
· Supports recruiting of talents (e.g. interview applicants)
· Together with the Product Owner and Agile Coach, he/she is a key member of the Product Owner, Chapter Lead and Agile Coach (POCLAC) sessions, where ways to optimize
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Java Chapter Lead you will also need :
• A Bachelor or Master in Information Technology or equivalent in IT, with 2-3 years experience
• Strong fundamentals in software design and development.
• Deep knowledge and experience with Java
• A good knowledge in ELK, Cassandra, Oracle, Springboot, Docker, …
• Some experience in Agile and Continuous Delivery Practices (Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible, …)
• Some Team lead first experience
• To have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
(knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset)
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Document and Content Services department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
• Challeging projects in a cross-border context
• The possibility to participate in courses and trainings
• Flexible reward plan with options like car lease, pension savings, extra holidays, …
• Option to work from home
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!