Data Scientist with Data Engineering Background
Information Technology, Amsterdam
Employee Experience Level
North Holland Open date
ING is looking for a Data Scientist passionate about delivering data-products
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, a strong financial position, Omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can make the difference by using machine learning to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing business challenges, please read on.
We are incredibly excited about Data Analytics and the great potential for progress and innovation. We believe that analytics is a key differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalized” services to our customers. We wish to improve our operational processes and create new and innovative data driven products that go beyond traditional banking, such as the platform models. Achieving this vision will require us to build and expand on our analytics effort and organize ourselves around focused value buckets with strong coordination capabilities of data, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
ING Analytics is a new unit responsible for realizing this vision for ING, differentiating ING as a leader in data-driven organization, within the banking sector and beyond. The team consists of a number of Global Analytics Center of Excellences around the bank’s key capabilities (such as Pricing, Risk Management, Financial Crime, Customer Intelligence and People Analytics.) as well as strong coordination areas around data management, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
We are looking for you:
You are passionate about your field of work: Data Science. In the field of People Analytics you will be working on projects to make ING the best place to work. As the team is part of the Global HR Department of ING, it is also important that you are passionate about the people side of the business. As People Analytics is a relative new field there is a lot of room for experimentation and innovation. You will have a lot of freedom to use your own creativity in the projects, as nothing is set in stone.
- Build/improve predictive models using statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Oversee the analytical work of the other members of the team, you will be the data science expert.
- Design, analyse and interpret business hypothesis and explore datasets through using available tools.
- Recommend ideas to business when data/results is available through good visualizations / predictive algorithms.
- Assist users to understand the data science principles and when needed provide an explanation for the model behaviour and possible correcting actions.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- MSc or PhD with excellent academic results in a technical field (Econometrics, Computer Science, Physics, Artificial Intelligence, e.a.), but this can be substituted with excellent capabilities.
- Knowledgeable about machine learning techniques and willingness to keep the knowledge up-to-date. You have an in-depth understanding of algorithms like Random Forests, Neural Networks, MCMC and reinforcement learning. You don’t let your friends do a grid-search.
- You have experience with Natural Language Processing.
- As we hire for potential and a very strong fit with the team, rather than experience, we consider 2+ years of work experience a strong plus.
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL are a must. Experience with PowerBI or other Business Intelligence Tool and D3.js are nice-to-haves.
- You are experienced in explaining complicated analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills at technical and business level.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- You have a learning attitude. Not only to master new algorithms and technologies, but also on the interpersonal level. You realize that the value of your work is quality x acceptance and want to become better at both. You are proven to be able to give, ask and incorporate feedback.
- You have experience in building data products. From inception to production. With your full-stack capabilities, you can build a prototype, but also improve an issue within the existing models in production. You love coding.
- You feel at home in a high-performing team and you make the other team members feel at home as well. You have the independence to speak up when needed.
- You have exceptional problem-solving capabilities. You understand that understanding the problem is at least 90% of the solution. You have displayed creativity and tenacity in cracking the problem and finding a solution to it.
What do we offer?
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. You will become a member of the People Analytics team, a young, innovative, fast moving team. You will work on projects about ING’s workforce. We have the mission to make all people related decisions in ING data-driven. A fun environment where there is lots of opportunities to better yourself, ING is building a Global Data Science Academy, to which you have full access. In addition we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Working with highly skilled people
- Working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of ING
- An International atmosphere
- A full time position (40 hour week)
- Great training and education opportunity
Are you keen to apply?
We are looking forward to getting to know you!