DevOps – Datalake Foundation
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | 2019-05-14 | 056614
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 550+ tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
This role is part of the Agile way of working:
• People and interactions over processes and tools.
• Functional propositions over comprehensive documentation.
• Collaboration (with the customer) over contract negotiations.
• Responding to change over following a plan.
As an Infrastructure & Application Management Engineer in the Datalake Foundation team you will be responsible for the automated delivery and maintenance of the DataLake servers.
Your Day to Day
• You will be responsible for the automated delivery of the IBM InfoSphere Information Server software suite; or any future essential component of ING’s next-gen Datalakes.
• Building, expanding and maintaining the IBM IIS offering in Ansible, on top of our ING Private Cloud will be your main focus in the team.
• Good understanding of building Enterprise ready solutions are one of the main requirements. • Uptime is everything, but great performance and predictable throughput are equally important.
• You solve vulnerabilities and automate system management wherever possible.
• You make sure everything we do is reusable by making reliable scripts for all changes on the system.
• You are also responsible for securing the system to the latest standards, able to tune the system to the required specifications and you are a great trouble shooter.
• You test all changes thoroughly and you are responsible for the automation of these tests in line with our adopted CD/CI/CT methodology.
What you bring to the team
• You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise.
• You are able to get all typical and other backlog items from 'to do' to 'done'.
• You have mastered the full gamut of engineering skills:
- Knowledge of infrastructure administration
- Knowledge of scripting on Unix systems
- Experience with administration of IBM Infosphere suit (different versions 11.5, 11.7)
- Good knowledge of Ansible or similar Automation tools
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Release Automation
- Knowledge of Testing approaches
- Backup/restore and Disaster Recovery principles
- Enterprise level Monitoring/Automation/scheduling/Administration
- Experience with containerization
What would be nice to have?
• Knowledge of Openshift/Kubernetes is a plus