DevOps Engineer - Datalake Core Team
Employee | Tech | Romania | 2019-05-15 | 056629
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 450+ tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Data is a game-changer. It’s all around us. Implementing a uniform approach as to how we manage data throughout the bank allows us to enhance the customer experience, lower IT operational costs, and swiftly and correctly report to external regulators.
You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the infrastructure and operational environments that support application/solution developing and deployment, including the network infrastructure, server and software management. You will also be responsible for development of new tools or functionalities for system improvement.
Contributing to design, implementation and lifecycle management of Data Lake by:
- Develop, test and deliver in an AGILE way
- Development of new tools or functionalities that will contribute to system improvement: monitoring, testing, deployment
- Optimization & automation of workflows and activities
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of services
- Integrating and/or engineering new technologies. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Preventive maintenance activities (Monitor system performance and utilization, data transfer, backup, etc.)
- Deployment of the new changes through different environments dev, test, uat, prod
- Fault Management, Problem Management, Incident Management & Configuration management, including standby duties outside business hours. Fault handling and corrective actions (troubleshooting, reporting and improvement plan)
- Configuration and installation of DataStage application on Linux server
- Perform periodic performance checks to support capacity and performance planning, system availability.
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes
- Coordinate and work together with other teams
Occasional travel to Amsterdam may be required.
Tools used in your day by day activities:
• Continuous integration: Jenkins
• Continuous deployment and delivery : Nolio/Ansible
• Versioning: GIT
• Monitoring : Kibana-Logstash (data visualization plugin for Elastic Search), Graphite for server and infrastructure, Axway Sentinel for Data flow monitoring
• Content management: Confluence
• Agile planning and management : Jira
• ETL : IBM Datastage 9.1 -> 11.5
• OS : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
• Databases : Oracle Database 11g
What you bring to the team
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience administering Linux systems
- Experience in data base administration ( Oracle)
- SQL knowledge
- Experience in automatic testing is a plus
- Experience working with DataStage is a plus
- General experience as a programmer is a plus