Area Lead Support Services
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-05-16 | REQ-10018250
Area Lead Support Services supporting our colleagues loving their IT workplace
If making sure that 52.000 colleagues (our customers) globally can do an excellent job for the bank with the Workplace we deliver is one of your key commitments, you might be the Area Lead we are looking for.
Your work environment: Tribe Workplace Services
Working at Global Workplace Services means working in a dynamic and challenging IT environment. We have high ambitions. We deliver workplace services for our 52,000 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
We ensure that our colleagues can work securely with any device, wherever they are: at home, at the office or abroad. We provide laptops, (virtual) desktops, printing and remote working solutions.
We also provide the infrastructure and support for these services, and facilitate collaboration and security products. Our purpose is to provide our colleagues with the best workstation experience possible.
What you will be doing
You will be leading the Area Support services of Workplace services. This Area is making sure our internal customers (ING colleagues) are supported in the best possible way so that they are able to be successful for the bank.
You are delivering that promise with a team of experienced service managers, a global helpdesk, local support teams and intensive cooperation with de-central international teams.
You are the living example of a 24/7 Service Support attitude and will go the extra mile with your teams to deliver the best possible user experience, both for the workplace as for the support.
Today you have an early start as the quarterly results will be published early in the morning which will get a lot of attention of our colleagues.
When you arrive at the office the global engineering teams already confirmed all health checks and all signals are green. You get on the call with the main stakeholders and the delivery teams to see if there are any impediments.
During the first hours you keep in close contact with the global service desk operations managers to see what incidents are reported and if any additional help is needed. Yes, time for a coffee…
With the coffee you join the meeting between the Product Owners and our customer journey experts.
They inform you regarding the Innovation challenges they are working on with Asia and Germany and update you regarding the plan for MVP2 of the My Workplace self-service portal that has just gone live.
Just before lunch you receive a request for help from senior management to support colleagues that recently moved between two countries for a new assignment in the bank.
As your team has an excellent network in those countries you discuss the request with your team members that will take care of the follow-up. Don’t forget lunch…
In the afternoon you have a monthly talk with one of the team members which is enthusiastically telling you about the progress she is making to reach her personal targets.
This energizes the rest of the afternoon, which is filled with checking the latest incident reports, following up on requested approvals for travel from the team members
to visit their customers, preparing the agenda for your next Area Meeting and helping with some impediments that were raised by your team members.
You were just about to check the time, when you receive the confirmation that your team members fixed the issue that was raised this morning.
In your role
- You support and facilitate your teams to deliver the best possible support service
- You allow and guide your teams to deliver continuous service improvement for all countries supported
- You make sure you deliver your Area’s Quarterly Business Review targets
- You evaluate NPS scores, align with the product teams on changes to come and programs running and work with your teams to appropriately inform and support your colleagues in the countries
- You are responsible for the development of your colleagues in the Area and facilitate/support the self-steering teams we are promoting
- You aid in identifying, qualifying and reducing the risks in the services delivered by your area and focus on improving our IT-security controls
- You get involved in Major Incidents and assure correct and up-to-date information is shared to the Senior Management Stakeholder
Who are you
Do you tick the following boxes:
- You are customer focussed, decisive, experienced in delivering global support, stress resilient and take ownership
- You have a passion for and a profound knowledge of workplace services
- You have more than 10 years of IT experience and more than 5 years of Service Delivery experience in a global context
- You go the extra mile to support your colleagues in their jobs and are the leading example of customer centricity and outside-in thinking
- You love complex situations and thrive on challenges that make use of your good technical understanding of IT combined with a profound understanding of business needs.
- You are leading by example without being the centre of attention
- You embrace and promote the agile way of working
Your education and background
- You have a Master’s degree with an IT-background
- You are proficient at English and you have excellent communication skills
- You have knowledge of Service Management and Service Delivery in a global context
- You have relevant experience managing outsourced services within a complex and international organization
- You are a Senior Manager and Coach
- You have knowledge of IT-risks and are able to reduce these risks in your services to ensure that the organization can keep a firm grip on security and thus prevent or limit any damage to ING
What we offer you
- A dynamic, international work environment situated in Amsterdam
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and a wide range of training options
- Passionate, motivated colleagues
- Experienced teams in your area
- Good working conditions conform ING CAO for 36-40 hours
- A 13th month and a personal choice budget
- Public transport business card, reimbursement of your travelling expenses or lease car (dependent on final function level)
Jump on! Want to apply or want more information?
Send us your CV and tell us why you want to work at Workplace Services.