C&GM Senior Compliance Officer
Employee | Legal / Tax / Compliance | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-09-12 | REQ-10021997
ING is looking for a C&GM Senior Compliance Officer
To support the Head of C&GM Compliance by:
- Effectively instructing C&GM head office Management and employees on compliance-related requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Compliance related Policies, including keeping them informed on developments in the compliance area. In this end, working alongside them by pro-actively supporting in the execution of the C&GM strategy, including M&A and innovation led initiatives.
- Performing functional oversight (i.e., advising, monitoring and supporting) over the local Compliance Functions within the business units of C&GM.
- Providing support on Compliance related programs, projects and business led initiatives.
- Supporting to develop and invest in innovation (automation, analytics/models, digitization and tooling) for various compliance related activities for both C&GM Compliance and the business units of C&GM with aim to improve process quality and risk detention.
The C&GM Senior Compliance Officer must develop a clear understanding of the business practices and strategy throughout C&GM. S/he must act within the scope and mandate of the ING Compliance Risk Management Charter and Framework and must review and continually assess and improve the effectiveness of the compliance risk management framework throughout C&GM.
As a Senior Compliance officer you are responsible for:
Supporting to develop and invest in innovation (automation, analytics/models, digitization and tooling) for various compliance related activities for both C&GM Compliance and the business units of C&GM with aim to improve process quality and risk detention. Creating awareness of risks to reputation and integrity and the consequences of external legislation and regulations within C&GM. Supporting the Head of Compliance C&GM and advising Senior Management on how to limit the risks to reputation and integrity by assisting Senior Management, who maintains primary responsibility, in translating the relevant legislation and regulations into rules and controls governing the internal business operations. Effective advising, challenging & monitoring:
- the Compliance functions within the business units of C&GM on the implementation and application of the relevant rules and controls to ensure compliance with legislation, regulations and ING Compliance policies;
- the business initiatives and processes, having a deep understanding of the business processes and ensuring prompt identification of material compliance deficiencies/issues.
Independently assessing and monitoring the realization risk mitigation activities and remediation plans. Taking the lead in the Compliance Due Diligence for M&A and innovation led initiatives within C&G, including supporting the local teams involved. Creating awareness and providing training and education. Stakeholder management: Ensuring no surprises and effectively and pro-actively informing and responding to queries and concerns from the regulators, MBB, SB and other stakeholders
Your work environment
The C&GM Senior Compliance Officer works closely with the Head of Compliance C&GM, C&GM MLRO and other team members, as well as with the Management Team members of C&G CRO and with Bank Compliance Risk Management, to ensure that compliance risks arising from the activities of the C&GM units are properly identified, measured, mitigated, monitored & reported. As Senior Compliance Officer you report to the Head of Compliance C&GM who in turn reports hierarchically to the CRO C&GM, and functionally to Bank Chief Compliance Officer.
What we are looking for in you?
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience in Compliance, including AML and Sanctions, within the banking industry and the business
- Knowledge of Compliance regulations (AML/Sanctions, FATCA, MiFID, IDD, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in Compliance monitoring, data analytics and automation of processes
- Ability to quickly analyze data/compliance processes/compliance practices, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written
- Excellent writing skills
- Willingness and ability to travel abroad
- Team player able to challenge and sound board with other team members
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to finding new approaches adapted to innovative banking
- Thorough understanding of compliance relevant legislation/regulations, international trends and industry developments
- A university degree or comparable experience and skills; Compliance Accreditation.
- Possess a ‘can do’ approach, passion for the business, and drive for results.
- Identifies solutions given available information
- Strives to meet quality standards and produce quality work products
- Develops collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives
- Accomplishes goals, completes tasks and achieves results
- Displays a positive disposition towards work
- Champions new methods, systems and processes to improve performance
- Uses sound judgment to make timely and effective decisions
- Motivates others to accomplish organizational goals
- Strong sense of accountability: delivers on promise, takes ownership, etc.
- Effective communication skills, ability to influence others and effectively advise, and provide information either written or orally in English
- Organizational skills, ability to coordinate and delegate, mobilize necessary staff to manage workload, even under time pressure
- Sharp ability to identify and diagnose compliance related issues;
- Strong decision-making skills
- Investigation and inspection skills
- Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics
- Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-departmental and cross-functional projects
- Challenge the business and manage different stakeholders
- Demonstrated execution rigor
- Negotiation skills & influencing skills including the ability to manage conflicts.
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment
- Problem solving skills / solution oriented/result oriented
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work with Management, Legal and other risk functions to provide business-relevant reporting and advising on compliance risks and related matters to Management, hierarchical and functional line
- Report info that Management needs to know, including info on key compliance risk issues, monitoring results, emerging trends, status of policy embedding, lessons learned, any other relevant or necessary information
- Ensure reports are accurate, complete and on time as well as adhere to ING standards
- Develop lessons learned to ensure the business learns from incidents, implement controls to prevent recurrence
- Keep accurate records of reported material compliance incidents
- Maintain/index wide range of compliance/corporate documentation for quick/accurate storage and retrieval
- Understand and adapt to innovative ways of banking while safeguarding ING’s license
- Escalate to hierarchical/functional line when Management is not resolving an incident/compliance-related matter
- Foster the mutual functional relationship with the colleagues in Corporate Compliance Risk Management by open and transparent communication and follow up on requests
What do we offer?
ING offers a strong remuneration and excellent secondary benefits package. We offer an opportunity to apply and grow your skills and be part of this very important part of our organization.