Chapter Lead – Analyst – Unite Data Lake
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | 2019-05-16 | 056631
Discover ING TECH
ING TECH is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
The Chapter Lead’s role is to build, manage and develop a team of Analysts (also called Customer Journey Experts) working on the Unite Data Lake. He/she will act as a Coach on technical side, but also a People Manager (including performance management) and will be part of the Data Management department.
• Provide continuos coaching and mentoring by clarifying job responsibilities, setting performance expectations through the establishment of goals and job competencies, identifying skill gaps, creating development plans and evaluating performance.
• People Management of highly talented Analysts, located in Bucharest.
• Contribute to strategy and lifecycle management of Unite Data Lake implementation;
• Collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, their needs and business context.
• Initiate improvements in the area of data management, define standards and guidelines and support the implementation of data management and data governance processes.
• Assess the efficiency of end-to-end operational processes by identifying and mitigating risks
• Collaborate closely with an international team made of Chapter Leads, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Analysts, Architects, ETL DevOps engineers and Infrastructure Specialists.
• Safeguard usage of Agile - Scrum principles in day-to-day work of the team
Occasional travelling to Bruxelles or Amsterdam is required!
What you bring to the team
• Experience as People Manager of a team composed by business and technical analysts
• Good knowledge of data warehouse concepts and data integration
• Knowledge and experience with data modeling techniques and the development of conceptual, logical and dimensional data models and the safeguarding of their interdependence
• Experience in compiling and aligning on definitions for business terms.
• Experience with banking industry, knowledge on data related government regulatory requirements (GDPR, BCBS 239 …).
• Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile way of working in multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders.
• You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team whom primary driver is the customer perspective.