Chapter Lead Ops Engineer – GMDB
Employee | Tech | Manager/Expert | Romania | 2019-08-12 | 057386
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Global Market Database delivers market data to more than 75 applications throughout the bank.
The primary focus of the GMDB team is to snap, enrich, store and distribute validated market data, typically used by systems such as IPA/Flexing/Racing, Murex, predominantly for the Risk and Finance applications globally. The accountability areas include product development (writing user stories) and implementation (delivering stories in the sprint), innovation, process & change management and SoX control framework.
As Chapter Lead, you determine the way of working for individuals in a particular area of specialisation and ensure personal development within that area. You will spend part of your time as a proficient engineer and the remaining with people management (including planning, coaching and review) and facilitating the development of job maturity for your entire chapter.
- Facilitate the growth of the OPS community
- Together with the OPS team, create and maintain a centralized OPS Confluence space which should be used by everyone in your Area, when looking for OPS related information
- You help your team develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback
- Create a development plan for all the OPS so that they improve their skills in areas like: Networking, Unix, Scripting, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Together with your IT Area Lead you set targets for each team member
- You are responsible for HR related activities: 1 to 1 meetings with your team members, performance management, etc.
- You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent (guideline HR activities: 40%, Engineering activities 60%).
- Consider the outcome of prioritization processes and related dependencies
- Performing meaningful testing for several relevant goals
- Improving time-to-market and added business value
- Automate reporting for visibility purposes
- IT risk
What you bring to the team:
- Education – Bachelor and Master in Computer Science (or related)
- We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive colleague with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with the responsibility and execution for the incident, problem and change management for high available systems, as well as risk control and configuration management
- In-depth knowledge in Unix tools and Unix Shell scripting
- Knowledge of XSLT, C, RDBMS and VBA is recommended
- Good knowledge of RHEL and Windows 2012 server, SVN and Git/Github
- Good knowledge of connectivity: DNS, firewalls
- Knowledge of Asset Control is preferred
- Clear understanding of programming languages (Java), databases (SQL), scripting languages (Perl, Powershell)
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Good communication skills in English, written as well as verbal