Cognos BI Developer
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucuresti | 2019-07-24 | 056445
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
With increasing regulatory demands on data, now is the time that data and the data platform, lakes and the associated capabilities will become critically important to ING’s future.
We need your help in implementing a uniform approach as to how we manage data throughout the bank allowing us to enhance the customer experience, lower IT operational costs, and swiftly and correctly report to external regulators.
- We are looking for a Cognos BI Developer to work in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment. You will create reports and dashboard using Cognos 11 for Risk area of ING group.
- Analyze business requirements to design and develop Cognos Models, Dashboards, reports using Cognos Analytics Software v11.
- Troubleshoot and provide recommend solutions for optimized design techniques to build dashboards and reports using Cognos 11, Cognos Framework Manager.
- Responsible for enabling BI solutions used in ING’s Group Services , by creating dashboards using Cognos 11.1
- Using Agile SCRUM principles to deliver, maintain and extend the data analytics & reporting capabilities
- Actively involved in automation and orchestration, both from a technical standpoint and a process point of view; focused on establishing and managing Cognos Analytics.
- Actively involved in administration of the Cognos instances, regarding to day-to-day operations activities (for example : production release, etc)
- Being in charge for the reporting dashboard performance.
- Communicates with Business Analysts and Technical Product Owner from the Risk area
- Proactive in formulating and managing processes, defining how a reporting solution can use the platform, identify risks and issues.
What you bring to the team
- Plus 3 years of experience with IBM Cognos BI ( v10 and/or v11 suites); administration, deployment, and security setups within Cognos
- Experience building Dashboards and Framework models with different layers.
- Strong experience with Report development in Report Studio (v11: Reports)
- Minimum 3 years experience as Cognos BI Developer, building frameworks and reports
- Good knowledge of report development and procedures
- Data Warehousing general knowledge (ETL , Database schemes, etc) would be considered a plus
- Experience with Linux / Unix would be considered a plus
- Experience in dealing with large quantities of data (and performance tuning)
- Ability to translate functional requirements (banking risk domain) into features.
- Experience with Java Script (for creating some custom components) would be considered a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
Short occasional business trips to Amsterdam may be required (2 – 3 times per year).