Assignment | Marketing / Communication | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-07-12 | REQ-10020220
Participating in the innovation district project team is for those who understand we’re entering a new era of innovation and dare to help create something new. We believe that tackling today’s increasingly complex challenges – like the rise of robotics, digitalisation and fast-growing cities – requires a cross- industry approach. One characterised by openness and collaboration. Not by secrecy and isolation. We believe that by joining forces, we can create a diverse and ingenious ecosystem whose value far exceeds any individual contribution.
As a programme team we are developing the right environment, with the right people with the right mind-set and the right tools, to inspire discovery of the unknown and make change happen. The innovation hub in the south-east of Amsterdam is where we are aiming to create a campus bringing together a community of like-minded people from all sectors to create radical new solutions. A cradle of new ideas, born from diverse and complementary backgrounds, capabilities and perspectives. For research, to build knowledge, and to attract talent. To provide a structure for cross-industry co- creation, and to accelerate and scale co-created initiatives.
In June 2018 our CEO Ralph Hamers announced the campus during the Money2020 event. Since then the programme team and other internal and external parties involved have been working very hard to develop the campus concepts. Currently, we are starting our next phase of piloting these formats with external clients (start-ups, scale-ups, mid-corporates, corporates, knowledge institutes and others) and learn if this the right way to build the ecosystem. Over the past months we’ve built up a network of interested companies and experts who would like to participate in the programs and be part of the campus community. To support us in strengthening this first base of the community we’re looking for a qualified community manager to join our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role
- Build the foundation of the innovation district community: the network of companies and participants. Including targeting and informing audiences about the vision, USPs and approach of the innovation district, how to participate, etc.
- Work closely with the team; attracting and activating the community and to ensure brand consistency.
- Set and implement social media and provide engaging text, image and video content for the social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Responsible for disruptive community approach/plan, organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Be a frontrunner with digital technology trends
- Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Networking will be part of your daily activities, also outside regular working hours
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills for engaging content
- Excellent knowledge of English language (written and verbal)
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Execution power, can-do and hands-on attitude and open mind-set
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse team & can easily adapt to rapidly changing business conditions
- Communicator, you speak up
Please contact Patricia Attevelt (firstname.lastname@example.org, +31630906174) if you have any questions related to the assignment.