We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Monitoring Manager to join our compliance department in meeting its Local compliance and Head Office obligations. You will be proactive in developing, managing and maintaining a best practice compliance monitoring framework for all products and services offered by ING. This is a ‘hands on’ role that requires the ability to identify issues quickly and co-ordinate for acceptable outcomes with all relevant stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance with key compliance policies. This includes maintaining relevant restricted investment registers, conflicts, gifts and hospitality. You will ensure that each business unit within ING remains in compliance with applicable laws, industry standards and internal policy without minimising strategic business objectives.
As we have a really flat structure, you will report directly to the Head of Compliance – giving you great autonomy and visibility to progress your career! You will also have the opportunity to work closely with other compliance managers in developing and maintaining a targeted periodic compliance testing strategy which conducts compliance testing projects and reporting results.
- Develop and maintain existing compliance monitoring programs to assess implementation of effective compliance risk management practices and reporting all material compliance risks
- Ensure ongoing compliance standards are maintained so as to minimise risk of impairment to the Bank’s reputation and integrity
- Ensure that complaints, incident management and reporting processes continue to comply with ongoing regulatory obligations
- Ensure all our regulatory and business compliance reporting requirements are met
- Assess the impact of changes to the regulatory environment affecting ING’s operations and provide recommendations to process improvements
- Degree qualified in accounting, commerce, Australian law or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years compliance experience in the financial services industry with dedicated compliance monitoring experience
- Ability to understand and research compliance and legal issues
- Ability to consider alternative solutions to a problem while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully negotiate and deal with change
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)