Compliance Monitoring Officer
Assignment | Risk Management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-02-08 | REQ-10015028
Officer Non-Financial Risk Compliance C/D (502094/5)
The Compliance Wholesale Banking Advice & Monitoring Team is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Team player who is eager to build a Career in Compliance.
Your work environment:
The Compliance Wholesale Banking Advice Team consist of 11 employees and is part of the WB CRO Domain, such includes 4 Compliance Teams, 29 Staff in Amsterdam and approximately 75 Staff in the Global functional Line.
The four WB Compliance Teams in Amsterdam are: WB Advice & Monitoring, Financial Markets/Group Treasury Advice Team, functional oversight for the European Network and the WB MLRO Team.
The WB Advice & Monitoring Team covers a wide range of WB Functions and provides support to the 1st line of defence Departments related to the Global WB functions located in Amsterdam.
The WB Compliance Advice & Monitoring Team advises the Business on Compliance related Topics, provides newcomers and refreshment Trainings hereby maintaining close links with all Business Stakeholders, working in close cooperation with various Teams within Corporate Compliance and other non-Financial Risk support Functions (NFR), most notably ORM and Legal. Next to Compliance advisory, the Team also plays an important Role in Monitoring of Controls assessing whether Controls are sufficient i.e. implemented and working, by conducting independent monitoring reviews.
This vacancy is for a Compliance Monitoring Officer.
- Perform standard tasks independently;
- Contribute to keep the compliance monitoring risk profiles up to date for all existing and newly identified areas and activities
- Develop and maintain a risk-based compliance monitoring Program
- Compliance Conduct monitoring activities
- Produce monitoring activity reports and related documentation
- Report and if necessary escalate monitoring results to Management of WB Business
- Track outstanding issues (iRisk) to ensure that corrective actions are effective
- Coordinate and Monitor progress and analyse (iRisk) Reports
- Coordinate, translate and provide basic support the WB Business;
- Advise, challenge and support on the effective implementation of relevant rules and controls to ensure adherence with legislation, regulations and ING Compliance policies.
- Advisory role in Projects and support the Business in translating requirements to practical solutions
- Coordinate and support in development of compliance training and awareness activities
Competences/skills - Who are we looking for ?
- Open communicator, outgoing nature, self-motivated, self-starter with "can do" pro-active attitude and a strong sense of accountability, ability to work independently, excel wizard
- You are able a/o willing to learn within a short period of Time: identify and recognise Compliance related (International Trend) Issues and Industry developments, analyse Data/Compliance processes, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Team player who is able to build bridges between the various Teams within the Compliance Community and towards the WB Business Domains
- Compliance Certification, if not yet, you are willing to become Certified
- Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics, Orange Code awareness
- 2-5 years of relevant experience (e.g. compliance, legal, risk) preferably in a WB environment, with a good understanding of ING’s WB Business Lines, products and processes;
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Dutch is an advantage
- Knowledge of the iRisk System is an advantage
- This vacancy is deemed ‘sensitive’. A sensitive position screening and positive clearance is required for appointment to the position. Also relevant Insider regulation will apply.
What do we offer ?
A 36/40 Hour working week, job grade 10/11 depending on experience.
Click on Apply. For more information you can also contact Claudia Dauss, Head WB Compliance Advice & Monitoring Team, 0655347288.