Compliance Officer Monitoring & Data Analytics - ING Global Compliance Centre
Employee | Legal / Tax / Compliance | Romania | Bucuresti | 2019-06-03 | 055354
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company thatputs technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with theimagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of thosearound them. We empower people and organizations to realize their own visionfor a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation ofdigital banking!
Within the IGCC, a team of Compliance Officers is dedicated to support theglobal Compliance function on various Compliance related activities to ensurethe Compliance risks are adequately managed. Collaboration and cooperationwithin the IGCC is based on knowledge and expertise, and uses data analyticswhere possible.
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders offers an environment which notonly provides the global overview on how the various Compliance requirementsand controls are embedded, yet also provides the opportunity the furthersupport the enhancement of the global control framework.
This new position will be created within the ING Global Compliance Centre(IGCC) and will be located in Romania. The role is defined as a ‘Compliancespecialist role’ within the global Compliance community, very specificallyrelated to the processes around screening and (client) monitoring. As part ofthe Compliance framework the 2nd Line of Defense is executing variousactivities to support the global Compliance community in the areas of screening(both on customers and transactions) as well as client monitoring.
The role reports hierarchically to the Head of the IGCC.
The above translates to the following (non-exclusive) set of Complianceframework activities:
• Execute compliance monitoring exercises, both in regular 2nd Line ofdefense monitoring and independent monitoring
• The use of data analytics to determine the focus for Compliancemonitoring exercises;
• Based on various triggers resulted from data analytics, define andexecute further independent testing as defined in the Compliance framework;
• Propose mitigating measures in accordance with the Policy and Standards;
• In collaboration with the local Compliance Officer, assist the localbusiness by means of Compliance monitoring reports as defined;
• Provide advice, guidance and support on regulatory issues as required;
• Draft reports and management information for the businesses as well asthe Compliance function.
We are looking for a motivated new colleague who has the followingcharacteristics:
• University degree
• Proven knowledge and expertise in the specific Compliancedomain
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to operate ina diversified and multicultural work environment
• Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spokenEnglish
• Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail to e.g.identify and articulate Compliance related aspects
• Willing to travel internationally if needed