Compliance Officer Screening and Monitoring
Employee | Other | Romania | Bucuresti | 2019-08-14 | 054420
Within the IGCC, a team of Compliance Officers is dedicated to support theglobal Compliance function on various Compliance related activities to ensurethe Compliance risks are adequately managed. Collaboration and cooperationwithin the IGCC is based on knowledge and expertise, and uses data analyticswhere possible.
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders offers an environment which notonly provides the global overview on how the various Compliance requirementsand controls are embedded, yet also provides the opportunity the furthersupport the enhancement of the global control framework.
This new position will be created within the ING Global Compliance Centre(IGCC) and will be located in Romania. The role is defined as a ‘Compliancespecialist role’ within the global Compliance community, very specificallyrelated to the processes around screening and (client) monitoring. As part ofthe Compliance framework the 2nd Line of Defense is executing various activitiesto support the global Compliance community in the areas of screening (both oncustomers and transactions) as well as client monitoring.
The role reports hierarchically to the Head of the IGCC.
Your dayto day:
The above translates to the following (non-exclusive) set of Complianceframework activities:
• Dealing with triggers following the regular screening process, either oncustomers or on transactions;
• Dealing with triggers related to client monitoring, which could be indicativefor e.g. money laundering;
• Propose mitigating measures in accordance with the Policy and Standards;
• Provide feedback towards other departments within ING where relevant onnecessary follow-up actions to be taken;
• Collaborate with the local Compliance Officer to determine specific actionsto be taken addressing local laws and regulations (if applicable);
• Provide advice, guidance and support on regulatory issues as required;
• Draft reports and management information for the businesses as well as theCompliance function
What you bring to the team:
We are looking for a motivated new colleague who has the followingcharacteristics:
• University degree
• Proven knowledge and expertise in the specific Compliance domain
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to operate in adiversified and multicultural work environment
• Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spokenEnglish
• Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail to e.g. identifyand articulate Compliance related aspects
• Willing to travel internationally if needed