Compliance Risk Analyst / KYC
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Belgium | Brussels | 2019-03-14 | 055733
- is able to analyze a large amount of data / information and to interpret the results from the point of view of their impact on the business Unit / ING Bank / INg Group from a risk perspective
- is good at reflective and independent thinking
- is comfortable in building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- is able to produce written communication in different formats (formal communications or escalations to senior managers, informal updates, reports…)
- is capable to dive into the details while being able to aggregate information for reporting to a next higher level
- understands the difference between the spirit of a rule and the fundamental meaning of a rule to be able to build adequate control framework
- has a Pro-active and can-do attitude (self-steering)
- reacts in a timely and effective manner (flexible) to unforeseen complications / requests while keeping positive attitude. Result / deliverables driven by being able to set the right priorities
- Master degree or equivalent through experience
- Preferably 3 years of working experience in banking sector
- Extensive knowledge of applicable Compliance rules and procedures in general or in a specific area of activities
- Good knowledge of English (verbal and writing), French and Dutch
- Knowledge of or interested in getting to know the bank's structures,processes and governance requirements related to Compliance Risk Management
- The will to work in a fast changing environment, to identify / anticipate potential compliance issues while being ready to be part of the solution… then you are our new [Compliance Risk Analyst]Your role …
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance policies and procedures are properly implmented and enforced and that related issues and concerns within the Business are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Contribute to the set up of adequate control framework and monitoring plan by identifying and adapting the monitoring activities considering changes in the law or regulations or changes in the bank's activities / organisation / structure
- Develop risk based monitoring approaches by seeking and finding new / adequate testing methods, correlations between seemingly unrelated risks, potential automation of testing and facilitate its implementation with the aim of anticipating breaches of rules / procedures or other similar situations
- Conduct and be responsible for the monitoring of specific activities (domestic or intra-Group) or processes or activities in your area of expertise and ensure the follow up thereof
- Control whether business activities are still consistent with the risk appetite of the BU, identify and report discrepancies and draft relevant observations (monitoring findings)
- Ensure that monitoring activities are carried out properly, within the allocated time and recorded according the record keeping requirements
- Assume responsibility for reporting towards the concerned departments, following of issues and maintaining digital files
- Contribute to and follow relevant developments / evolution in your area of expertise and in the organization and make proposals to improve monitoring. Pro-actively contribute to any project for which your expertise is required
- Understand business situation, balancing responses / expectations to errors, have effective contact and proper empathizing. Establish appropriate relationship with 1st LoD and relevant stakeholders (local or intra group), earn trust, respect, credibility and productive interactions for monitoring purposes.
ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients.
As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!