Coverage banker Japanese large corporate accounts
Employee | Sales / Relationship management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-02-11 | REQ-10015513
The Asia Desk is based at the ING HQ in Amsterdam, and looking after the relationships of the top 100 Asian Corporates with a presence in Europe. The Asia Desk is a very diversified team, with colleagues from various nationalities (ie Chinese, Korean, India, Japanese). Together with the team we expect you to pro-actively identify opportunities, and act upon it accordingly. Most of the time you will be working together with colleagues from different departments (lending, risk, cash management, working capital solutions, financial & capital markets, advisory etc) and countries (ING is active in more than 40 countries!). All together, we offer you a great environment to gain financial/banking experience, develop rewarding relationships with key clients, and the opportunity to work on your personal career development plan!
Origination and relationship
- Identify, manage and develop relationships with Japanese clients in his/her portfolio in cooperation with the various ING product specialist teams and with other ING offices where applicable.
- Originate & sell products from different ING business lines with the focus on lending, financial markets, debt capital markets and corporate finance.
- In the driving seat for selling trade finance and payments solutions to large Japanese clients based in Europe
- Regularly initiate client meetings at senior level, calls and follow up on business opportunities and client queries with the relevant product areas and ING offices.
- Monitor and manage client profitability and the achievement of objectives/KPI.
Research & Analysis
- Prepare yearly strategy papers per country and per client as well as credit advice and contribute for other colleagues strategy papers / credit advice as well.
- Make sure all KYC/CDD documentation is in place, on time, by cooperating with the relevant teams.
- Prepare ad-hoc commercial and assist with credit applications for lending and financial markets deals.
- Make sure the correct legal documentation (ISDA/CSA/GMRA) is in place to allow our product partners to conduct business.
- Participate in relevant committees both for annual reviews as well as for ad-hoc deals and defend business proposals.
- Keep detailed client information, briefing notes, accounts plans and call reports up-to-date and in the systems when required.
- Advanced financial analysis skills required
- Wide range of financial product knowledge required
- Team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sense of initiative.
- Experience in corporate client coverage, preferably with existing connections within large Japanese Corporates
- English and Japanese (native) language are mandatory.