Customer Due Diligence Analyst
Employee | Wholesale Banking | Professional | Singapore | Singapore Office | 2019-01-10 | 055313
ING Commodities Food & Agriculture (“CFA”) has a long-standing experience in the international financing of commodity flows across the value chain and is recognised today as one of the top global providers of financial services to companies engaged in the sourcing, primary processing, distribution, logistical handling and trading of commodities. We have dedicated teams in origins, destinations and financial centres (Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, New York, Geneva, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai) to ensure that our customers’ interests and requirements are best served with a high level of professionalism combined with efficient execution.
Duties and responsibilities
We are looking for people to join the KYC Unit of the team to help in ensuring accurate and timely completion of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) applications/renewals, identification of required documentation, sourcing of underlying documents, and maintenance of CDD static data.
· Complete accurate CDD profiles in a timely manner for bringing profiles up to date for existing customers
· Review and prepare all CDD documentations for approval in line with relevant policies and procedures. Documents should be presented in a professional manner and include a clear and concise rationale for any decisions made during client’s Periodic Review process
· Upload collated documents onto the Bank’s CDD system and storing in local shared drive for checking and review.
· Assist the business with any queries related to the CDD process to ensure adherence to internal procedures and industry best practices
· Provide ad-hoc support to other streams of work within the team as may be required.
· Must possess a ‘hands-on’, ‘can do’ mentality.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills, strong team player.
· Fluent in English and Chinese, both verbally and written.
· Needs to have an excellent understanding of sourcing information from various data sources, and in several cases utilizing financial reports, and audited statements for such purposes. Should have a keen eye for detail and needs to present his/her case accurately.