Data Model Management Engineer
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | 2018-12-13 | 055108
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 550 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
ING is looking to recruit a Data Model Management Engineer within the Chief Data Management Office (CDMO Office) in the COO domain, reporting to the Head of Global Data Definitions.
Your work environment
The Global Data Definitions (GDD) team is a head office function within the CDMO Office and is responsible for activities that support effective data governance at ING. The Global Data Definitions team is responsible for running the Data Definition Process (DDP) following an agile way of working. Goal of the process is to govern the creation of ING Esperanto. ING Esperanto is the globally standardised set of business terms, data definitions and data structures to realise a common understanding and uniformity of data across ING, in a consistent and industrialised way. The last is realised by creating the Esperanto logical- and physical data models and exchange structures.
The Data Model Management Engineer will manage and guard the ING Esperanto logical and physical data models and data exchange format. In this role you work closely with data modellers, test engineers and release managers within the GDD team. You will be part of a specific Model Management squad but interact with multi-disciplinary squads formed around business initiatives. Proposed model changes will be merged into the one single ING model whilst checking and ensuring the quality standards are met.
• Supply and merge branches of the model to support the multi-disciplinary squads formed around business initiatives;
• Set up and maintain design principles, standards and guidelines for Esperanto components and way of working, validation of the data models and guaranteeing their consistency and quality;
• Support the Data Modellers in creating models;
• Deliver ING Esperanto Logical and Physical Data Models and documentation conform agreed principles and quality criteria for shipping via Esperanto deployment packages to the Data Lakes;
• Analyse and adjust the DDL creation (SQL statements);
• Support, coach and train colleagues in ING on model management techniques;
• Report on the process and communicate to stakeholders;
• Maintain the data models and support their usage in the ING organization;
Who are we looking for?
You are pragmatic, structured, accurate, problem-solving and quality driven, yet have an eye for data management and standardisation in a complex organisation. You master the principles of model driven data logistics and are able to practice these. You are comfortable working in an international context and with shared development teams. You have outstanding social skills and can communicate effectively. You are transparent and flexible and able to act at operational and tactical level.
Experience and Knowledge
• Advanced understanding and experience in the area of data management and/or IT, data modelling- technics and architecture;
• Experience with data modelling tools;
• Experience with version management (branching/ merging);
• Experience with Data Warehousing / Data Modelling / Database Design;
• Excellent communication and didactical skills and English language skills both spoken and in word;
• A bachelor degree or equivalent through experience;
• Results Orientation
• Persistence and assertiveness
• Collaboration and Influencing