Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | 2019-07-05 | 056672
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 600 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Data is a game-changer. It’s all around us. Implementing a uniform approach as to how we manage data throughout the bank allows us to enhance the customer experience, lower IT operational costs, and swiftly and correctly report to external regulators.
Your working environment:
You will be part of a DevOps team that is building Datalake of Whole sales banking.
You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of databases.
- Request, install, migrate database to new Oracle version
- Maintain Databases (Start/stop database, Import/Export data into / from a database,
kill user sessions, job scheduling, data files, table spaces, indexes, statistics, tables, etc)
- Optimization & automation of workflows and activities
- Performance tuning and ensure high availability of services
- Preventive maintenance activities (Monitor system performance and utilization, data transfer, backup, etc.)
- Fault Management, Problem Management, Incident Management & Configuration management, Fault handling and corrective actions (troubleshooting, reporting and improvement plan)
- Perform periodic performance checks to support capacity and performance planning, system availability.
- Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes
- Coordinate and work together with developers to identify the best solutions
Occasional travel to Amsterdam may be required.
Tools used by the team in day by day activities:
• Databases : Oracle Database 11g -> 12c Exadata
• OS : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
• Continuous integration: Jenkins
• Continuous deployment and delivery : Nolio/Ansible, TFS
• Versioning: GIT
• Monitoring : Kibana-Logstash (data visualization plugin for Elastic Search), Graphite for server and infrastructure, Axway Sentinel for Data flow monitoring
• Content management: Confluence
• Agile planning and management : SNOW
• ETL : IBM Datastage 11.5
• Real time streaming Apache Kafka
• Big data: Apache Hadoop
What you bring to the team:
- In depth experience in data base administration ( Oracle & Oracle Exadata)
Nice to have:
• Experience with InfoSphere Information Server suite, WebShere (installation, configuration, operations)
• Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology is considered a plus