Dev Engineer Payments Processing
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-05-16 | REQ-10018105
ING is looking for an experienced (mid-senior level) Dev engineer to strengthen its development team that delivers complex software solutions within the core area of Payments processing.
If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary compliance and QA measures, where we find that the problem chooses the language/technology and not the other way around, where we are committed to fostering a proper engineering culture and building a high-productivity team of smart Dev engineers with the getting-things done mentality, please read on.
Your main focus will be on building ING’s:
• New features within the area of Payments processing for multiple countries, for national, international and SEPA Payments processing. In this area you will have a senior position in programming, design and assuring quality.
• Features for test automation, enhancing test frameworks.
• In addition to developing complex software solutions, you will also contribute to:
• Streamlining our development process all the way from code check-ins to deployment into production in collaboration with Ops colleagues (using the best tools that we can find: e.g. Ansible, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, etc.)
• Improving our continuous integration, increasing our automated test coverage, and helping us get to the next level of maturity with respect to Continuous Delivery.
Your work environment:
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Wholesale Banking, We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
• Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
• You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
• 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications
• You are able to develop and tune efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
• You have real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns, combined with an ability to succinctly convey design information using suitable tools (e.g. the UML).
• You have sound knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
• Knowledge of NoSQL data stores, while not mandatory, is a strong nice-to-have.
• Excellent knowledge of Java including the Spring framework 5.x/4.x (Boot, Integration, Batch, Security, Rest, etc.).
• A working knowledge of Java Message Service (JMS) API.
• Apache Kafka will be a plus.
• A working knowledge of TDD development process.
• Good knowledge of CI/CD pipeline and related tools.
• Docker container platform to build, manage and secure applications/microservices.
• Good knowledge OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems (e.g. Linux)
• Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
• You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.