DevOps Engineer Broadway - Trading Platforms
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucuresti | 2019-04-15 | 053260
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation,developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data,Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and manymore. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fastgrowing team gathers more than 600 tech enthusiasts who work for internationalprojects that go beyond traditional banking.
ING is looking for driven IT DevOps Engineers to work on the tradingplatforms. The in-house built high-performance pricing systems, together withthe vendor-built trading, quoting systems, time-series databases and complexevent processing engines are key platforms for the real-time low-latencylandscape in scope of the growing Financial Markets domain.
ING is using this environment to connect to a large amount of tradingexchanges, worldwide to offer the sharpest pricing quotes and executions to ourclients. Therefore these systems are on dedicated infrastructure in specialdatacenters located in close proximity to the key markets..
With the further digital transformation of pricing and trading, it is animportant cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT. You can be a key asset forING and an important part of this journey to make it successful with us all.
You work within amultidisciplinary scrum team. Your primary responsibility is guaranteeing theoperational stability and availability of our applications at all times.
The range of tasks includesthe following:
· Take responsibility for the full the stack/platform on Development, Test,Acceptance and Production environments.
· Providing level 2 support for the applications
· You automate relentlessly: Regression Testing (Functional,Performance, Security
· Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling using the correct andagreed event alerts
· Implementing the security policy so that the system is secure atoperating system, database and application server level
· Understanding and monitoring the entire stack’s technology on which theapplication runs
· Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writinguser stories for resolving problems
· Performing Life Cycle Management for the system
· Taking ownership of IT reliability and security (Operational Control) andrisk
· Propose opportunities and innovations
· Liaise with the vendor about environment updates and upgrades
As part of a DevOps squad,work closely with the Product Owner, business stakeholders and engineers fromrelated teams
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam andLondon ) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate IT specialists who love to prevent andsolve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of thesystem. Important characteristics:
· Deliver onpromises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
· “Can do"mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
· Acollaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy tothe team
· Ability togive and receive professional feedback
· Relentlesslylearn and think in solutions
What you bring to the team:
· EducationBachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science or related.
· Self-starter,5+ years of industry experience in IT , experience in the financial industry isa plus
· Thoroughunderstanding of, and experience with Windows/Linux, networking, scriptinglanguages (e.g. bash, Python, Perl, PowerShell) and databases (SQL or No SQL orboth)
· Experiencewith managing full-stack vendor packages, and additionally (low latency)infrastructural stack knowledge
· Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
· An excellent spoken and written command of English
· Propose opportunities and innovations
Nice to have:
· Banking/Financial Markets products/processes knowledge (FX Products, FIX protocol)
· Development experience of distributed/multi-process applications
· Hands-on knowledge of monitoring tools (such as Logstash,Kibana, Elastic Search, ITCAM, Zabbix), scheduling tools (e.g. TWS), TibcoRendezvous, experience with running applications in Dockercontainers
· Experience withprogramming languages (C++, C# or Java or any such comparable languages)
If you have a passionfor IT then you we would love to talk to you