DevOps Engineer – Unite DataLake
Employee | Tech | Romania | Bucuresti | 2019-09-11 | 057623
Discover ING TECH
ING Software Development Center is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible of loading and integrating data in the Unite Data Lake according to business requirements, based on the source of record’s specifics. The DevOps Engineer collaborates to the engineering culture and participates in the delivery of qualitative solutions in conformity with business requirements and technical guidelines.
In your daily activities you’ll be working closely with the team members to:
- Contribute to lifecycle management of Unite Data Lake implementation
- Development of ETL flows using IBM Datastage 11.5 / IBM Netezza / Oracle DB
- Understand the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Model
- Understand the concepts and the business value of the data that is processed.
- Integrate data from different source systems in the Information Warehouse
- Build Data Marts in alignment with the business needs
- Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements
- Contribute to end-to-end testing
- Contribute to deployment of code changes, mappings and metadata
Occasional travel to Bruxelles or Amsterdam is required !
What you bring to the team
- Experience with ETL processes and tools (experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage is nice to have)
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts
- Experience with database design, modelling and data analysis on large amounts of data
- Experience with data integration is a considered a plus
- Excelent knowledge of SQL
- Good knowledge of database concepts, experience with IBM Netezza is considered a plus
- Experience with Linux operating system or other Unix systems
- Experience as developer of multi-tier applications
- Ability to translate functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. Security, High Availability)
- Understanding of Agile - Scrum methodology is considered a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Experience in banking industry is considered a plus