Director/Head of Operational Risk Management Asia & Singapore
Employee | Wholesale Banking | Professional | Singapore | Singapore Office | 2019-01-10 | 055312
The Head of Operational Risk Management, Asia and Singapore has 2LOD oversight on Wholesale Banking (WB) operational risk matters across 13 locations in Asia. The role is based in the Regional Office in Singapore. The incumbent will manage a team of Operational Risk Managers in Singapore and other Asia locations. This role reports hierarchically into CRO, Asia and functionally to Global Head of WB ORM.
- Conduct functional oversight on operational risk matters across 13 locations in Asia.
- Lead, train and develop a team of Operational Risk Managers.
- Provide risk advice and conduct risk challenge at Asia senior management level.
- Influence and raise risk awareness of operational risk matters with key stakeholders.
- Represent ORM Asia at Asia and Singapore senior management committees.
- Represent ORM Asia at global risk conferences and ongoing global calls with Global WB ORM, initiatives and discussion forums.
- Provide risk advice on Sourcing policy requirements from an Asia 2LOD perspective.
- Ensure SOX second line monitoring requirements for ORM are effectively met within SOX sign off dates.
- Ensure timely escalation of key issues with respect to non-financial risk profiles of migrations etc exceeding risk appetite.
- Ensure effective ORM second line monitoring by ORM is executed.
- Ensure Asia NFRD reporting is done timely, key risks are captured and communicated.
- Conduct PARP due diligence by ORM.
We are looking for (key competencies and qualifications)
· At least 10 years of experience in a bank or financial services business with risk management experience.
· Preferably with at least 5 years of experience in Operational Risk Management in a Wholesale or Investment Bank.
· Experience in leading and managing a team.
· Past audit experience with big 4 will be favorable.
· Provide effective risk advice and challenge, proactive, self-starter, independent, analytical.
· Strong presentation, influencing and collaboration skills with the ability to work with senior management.
· Strong control mindset, good knowledge of wholesale banking products, services, processes a plus.