Experienced IT Engineer / Chapter Lead – Summit
Contract de muncă | Tech | România | Bucureşti | 2019-09-16 | 057649
Experienced IT Engineer / Chapter Lead – Summit
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 450 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
ING is looking for a motivated experienced IT Engineer / Chapter Lead for our Global Summit team in Bucharest.
In this role in Financial Markets & Bank Treasury IT, you will support and deliver technical improvements on the Summit platform, hire (together with the Global IT Manager) and coach the chapter members in Bucharest in alignment with the global team/application objectives. Colleagues in Amsterdam, London, New York and Singapore contribute in cross-border squads to the same Global Product backlog. Together with your colleagues you are responsible for running and supporting the Summit application in a stable, secure and performing way on the Production environment. Additionally, to improve our software delivery, you will suggest and contribute to Continuous Delivery (C.D.) initiatives and enthusiastically automate: deployment, functional/technical/performance testing, system health checks, as well as contribute to the upgrading of components/core. Reliability of such a globally-used system is our priority, hence performance and stability, data quality, security are key components of our Definition-of-Done.
Operations Engineering and automation
• Provide functional & technical support for the full-stack (Summit, Linux/O.S., Sybase/Oracle, hardware), including
o trade event interfaces and data reconciliation break analyses,
o reconciliation break resolutions with the various upstream and downstream deal-capture and settlement systems (e.g. Murex, MarkitWire, Bloomberg).
o Includes static data updates/corrections, reruns of batch jobs.
o Structural Data Quality improvement actions, including root cause analysis, are needed.
o These activities will build up your understanding of the IT landscape, the financial markets processes/products and the Summit application’s functionalities.
• Setup automation to increase the delivery speed, quality assurance, architecture, application availability (improving the Return-to-Operations time in DR scenarios/ exercises). Examples: build- and deployment process, automatic testing, monitoring of system health, capacity management, etc.
• Setup & maintain (end-to-end) environments
• Ownership of IT Risk/Security related to platform/full-stack (example: vulnerabilities, lifecycle management)
• Contribute to the migration to the Oracle database and towards the new Summit core.
• Contribute where possible to reduce the overrides in the code-base moving closer towards the core vendor product
• Perform release management and IT Continuity exercises such as Disaster Recovery, Backup Restore and resilience testing, and Standby Support/Operations
As a Chapter Lead you take the personal development/growth of your chapter members at heart, you coach them and set challenging objectives together with the Global IT Manager of Summit, you give and are open to receive regular feedback.
Your work environment
• Summit team members in Bucharest work together with Amsterdam/London/Singapore colleagues (global team). The Chapter Lead in Bucharest sets the objectives for the team members (currently 5) in direct relation to the Global IT Manager/Custodian located in London.
• In ING Summit you will be encouraged to have direct interaction with users (Traders, Risk Managers) which is both exciting and key in understanding the Financial Markets area.
• Standby operations activity is needed each 1/8 weeks.
• Opportunity to attend training abroad (e.g. IT Resilience, Security, Summit, Financial Markets, Linux) and learn from experienced colleagues
• Complex combination of roles (Business Analysis, Engineer with HR/management responsibilities), facilitating a broad skill development
• Exposure to the DevOps practices
What you bring to the team
• Education Bachelor and/or Master level, Computer Science, Econometrics, or related.
• 5+ years of industry experience in IT , experience in the financial industry is a plus.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with SQL, Linux, Shell/Bash/Perl. C++ is a plus
• Experience with CI/CD tooling such as GIT, Jenkins, Nolio, Artefactory is a plus.
• An excellent spoken and written command of English
• Affinity with Banking, experience in Financial Markets, interest rates & credits, Pricing/Risk (VaR), accounting, is a big plus
• Very good communication and problem solving skills, patience and experience in coaching colleagues
Nice to have:
• Hands-on knowledge of tools such as e.g.: Grafana, Gradle, Tivoli scheduling (TWSd), Nolio, Logstash-Kibana-Elastic Search, other equivalent.
• Summit experience