Financial controller H/F
Employee | Accounting / Finance | Professional | France | 2019-04-10 | REQ-10017360
Financial Controller – Insurance Joint-Venture M/F
Here at ING we are on our way to achieving ambitious plans and it's our people who will help us get there; who take it on, make it happen and are always a step ahead.
In line with this vision, we are looking for champions to deliver our strategy and redefine ING’s protection business making us the "go-to place for financial needs”.
We believe in creating simple, personalised and transparent solutions that enable our customers to stay one step ahead in life and business. For protection this means stepping away from traditional insurance to predictive, personalised protection and services that match the life stage needs of our customers.
To digitally deliver this ING has entered into a Joint Venture with a global Insurance partner. Together we will shape the market, building a scalable international platform that unifies multiple markets, creating one ecosystem of protection propositions and experiences across Life and Non-life products.
We aim to crack the market - insurance has a low trust level and only <0.1% of customers across Europe are served via digital bancassurance. Are you a dynamic talent ready to crack the market and deliver a greenfield business model with No.1 NPS service? If so, join our inspiring international agile team to create the future.
To inspire you for the road ahead – some of the challenges we face are:
· Developing a newly formed central Joint Venture, that delivers on the strategy to develop our insurance business in several countries
· Creating market disruption - through intuitive design that delivers PIRS (personal, instant, relative and seamless) processes for hyper customer centricity
· Building an ecosystem of Living, Mobility, Wellness propositions and services that deliver forward looking protection, keeping ING customers one step ahead
· Working agile – creating open workflows focused on impact and execution that drives customer satisfaction and commercial success
· Translating our combined data into valuable business insights and international customer needs – to drive fast flow work models for central and BU’s to deliver on
· Integrating into Business Units and on-boarding new ING entities
· Aligning with Head Office whilst retaining a ‘greenfield’ approach to market
Your role in the team:
To act as a finance controller for the team and take the lead in setting up a control environment for the project, including defining the most efficient setup for locations and to safeguard that the business case for the partnership is being achieved in building the platform. Develop the performance management set-up together with the Leadership and Support Team, C&G Markets (Challengers & Growth) Performance Management, the Business Manager and the partner insurer.
Your key responsibilities:
As Financial Controller your main responsibilities are:
· Design, organise and implement the controller function in collaboration with the head office and ING France
· Develop monthly reporting to the leadership team and Steering Committee. Proactively analyse data received from the countries in the scope and play a signalling partnership role in case of appearing any financial risks for over budget
· Set up a new legal platform structure by providing finance services in accordance with ING Group policies and procedures to the team
· Ensure close cooperation with the CFOs, Management Accounting and Financial Accounting teams of the countries involved in the project and coordinate financial flows and make sure that spending is kept within budget. Align information received from them to Management Accounting Challengers & Growth Head Office team (C&G), the Joint Venture (central team) and to local CFOs
· Ensure close cooperation with Finance representatives of our JV Partner
· Be responsible for keeping the financial part of the business case up to date (including impairment testing). Make sure that the business case is frequently revisited, and annual business plans are aligned across the BUs and with the partner
· Set up a comprehensive performance measurement framework for the business. Standardize the metrics along which project will measured and managed in C&G and by locations. This includes setting up additional reporting requirements for the countries.
· Cooperate with Group Finance team in tracking of provisions, costs and benefits in line with the joint-venture and group requirements
· Develop and maintain the proper transfer pricing model among the center and countries
· Ensure transparent and in time communication of all related to the joint-venture projects financials towards our insurance partner
· Organize a centralised country recharging through Gateway in Amsterdam (Head office)
We are looking for:
A Financial Controller with entrepreneurial interest and affinity with banking and insurance.
Proven track record and technical skills:
· Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
o Masters degree in Finance or Business Administration
o 7-8 years’ work experience in an international setting in Finance
o Knowledge of ING business lines, products and financial processes
o Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
· You have proven experience in international charging structures and models
· You have experience with forecasting and budgeting processes and especially experience with managing large business cases
· You are reliable, integer, able to work with people from all levels in the organization and from different cultures and backgrounds
· You work independently, can identify required next steps to solve problems, and stick to your principles despite external pressure
· You have good relationship skills and demonstrated to be able to work in close cooperation with different functions (IT, legal, tax, risk)
· You are eager to learn, take on new challenges and make it happen
Your work environment
You will be working in the central team of the joint venture, with reporting line to MA team of Challengers & Growth Markets, and with other global Lead roles at Headquarters from both ING as well as the insurance partner.
What we offer?
A huge challenge and great fun. The work location is Paris based with continuous presence in Amsterdam and regular travel should be expected.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team!