IFRS Accounting Advisor
Employee | Accounting / Finance | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-04-17 | REQ-10015502
Finance Group Treasury & Corporate Line (GT & CL) is looking for an IFRS Accounting Advisor for the Hedge Accounting Center, with a strong financial background and the desire to work in an ambitious and dynamic finance team with a high level of business expertise and specialist knowledge.
Your Work Environment
Finance GT & CL is overall responsible for the financial management of Group Treasury and Corporate Line activities within ING. Within the function the primary task of the Hedge Accounting Center is to develop and set global hedge accounting strategies and standards. Furthermore, the team supports internal stakeholders (Finance & Risk, Group Treasury, ALCO, ING network locations) by providing pro-active business analysis and advice in the area of hedge accounting and financial instruments. External stakeholders include auditors and industry groups.
The Hedge Accounting Center consists of 6 experts with an in-depth knowledge of hedge accounting standards and financial instruments accounting under IFRS.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Your most important tasks are:
- (Co-) develop and set hedge accounting strategies and standards in line with accounting standards (IFRS), obtain approval by Policies & Procedures and external auditor;
- Support analysis and advice to internal stakeholders (Group Treasury, Finance & Risk) on Hedge Accounting- and Financial Instruments related topics
- Functional support of the ING Network locations, in conjunction with the other Finance GT & CL teams;
- Actively support and participate in projects.
Knowledge & Experience
- You have more than 4 years working experience within the banking and/or Auditing/Consulting (Big4) sector, preferably in the areas of financial accounting (policies) and reporting;
- Sound knowledge of financial instruments, hedge accounting strategies and relevant IFRS accounting standards (IAS 39/IFRS 9);
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbal;
- Capable to operate in an international setting, with sensitivity to cultural differences.
Behaviours & Competences
- You adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with the Orange Code;
- You are a creative and skillful professional, willing to invest further in your capabilities and knowledge;
- In addition, you have the ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams and in an agile way;
- You have good communication and persuasion skills and are able to present complex issues in a simple and understandable way;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to understand the “big picture” while having an eye for detail;
• Strong writing and presentation skills in order to clearly set out concepts and to produce concise documents;
- Have a pro-active attitude and ability to operate in a demanding and changing environment.
- You can demonstrate that you hold at least a Master degree, preferably in the areas of accountancy (RA) or Accounting and Reporting Standards.
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job.