IT Chapter Lead
Medewerker | Informatie Technologie | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-06-15 | REQ-10027406
IT Chapter Lead - Front End Platforms
ING is transforming rapidly towards a top-notch IT company with a Top Engineering culture, incorporating FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are end-to-end agile, work in multidisciplinary teams and use cutting edge technology. This enables us to offer our customers the best possible services and respond to rapidly changing customer demands.
We are looking for an energetic IT Chapter Lead with a passion for combining thought and action. You serve as an example and show that you are a true ambassador for the Agile way of working and the ING Orange culture. The customer perspective is your primary driver for working in a squad.
What you’ll do
Our technology stack is built around webcomponents standards and Polymer ecosystem. For our microservices architecture we extensively use Java.
Along with the IT Area Lead and your fellow IT Chapter Leads you determine the working methodology within your area of expertise, allocate specific knowledge/focus areas and set the standards.
Above all, as IT Chapter Lead, you are a “doer”. Sixty percent of your time, you work as a squad member towards accomplishing a squad’s mission. You use your seniority to maximize team performance.
How to succeed
- You are seen and acknowledged by your colleagues as a competent engineer
- Have a proven ability to bring out the best in people and drive the team forward
- Have great analytical skills and have a conceptual / architectural understanding
- Are experienced with test driven development & test automation
- Have a Growth mind-set and a pragmatic thinking
- Are able to bring all ideas/opinions to one conclusion to help make decisions
- Are up to date with new technology and have a deep understanding of when to use it
- Are a great storyteller and able to adapt your style depending on your audience
- Are humble in approach and not afraid to be wrong
- Are proud of what you do and enjoy sharing this with your external network
- Are experienced in Agile methodologies
- Are fluent in English speaking and writing
Working at our company means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development for our employees is very important and that is why we offer excellent courses and programs. You will become a member of the IT Management team. Diva behaviour is not tolerated, neither is underperformance. We only hire people with exceptional talents.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A job from 36 to 40 hours that fits your schedule to balance work and private life
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Travel reimbursement
- 24 vacation days with 36-hour work week. (or 27 days with 40)
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of yourgross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.