IT Chapter Lead
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-02-12 | REQ-10015505
Chapter Lead – Lending
Chapters with vacant positions: Data engineering, Core engineering – Technical Applications, JAVA engineering, Integration engineering
If you want to work at a place:
- with ample opportunities to innovate,
- where we are committed to deliver stable, secure and reliable services to end users, and
- where we have a no nonsense getting-things done mentality,
then please read on!
Your new job
The Tribe Lending is looking for enthusiastic IT Chapter Leads - passionate engineers, proud of their craft, solution-focussed and broadly developed. Our IT Chapter Leads have a positive can-do mind-set and they live the Orange Code Behaviour. Besides a passion for IT, Chapter Leads have strong people management skills.
The Tribe Lending has the purpose: "Make complex lending simple". The Tribe is accountable for the end-to-end seamless Lending Client Journey. The solutions we design, develop and maintain are both in-house build and COTS. The technology being used is Linux/Oracle and Windows/MSSQL.
What will you do?
The IT Chapter Lead:
- Is accountable to identify and fulfil IT knowledge gaps within the tribe ensuring that Tribes/Squads are qualitatively properly staffed.
- Stimulates the Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills and the area of expertise as a whole.
- Encourages and stimulates employees to take responsibility for their own development and employability.
- Coaches individual Chapter members, both regarding expertise related skills and behavioural aspects.
- Propagates a culture that fits with the agile way of working and is a role model
- Determines, together with the Chapter members, the way of working in his/her IT Chapter and sets standards for the area of expertise.
For details on the content work description (60% of the IT Chapter Lead role), please refer to the appropriate role. Tasks below refer to the managerial part of the IT Chapter Lead role.
Your key responsibilities
You hierarchically oversee a chapter of 7-10 engineers, including ‘people management’. This covers the recruiting of new talents, administration, personal development, and evaluation of your Chapter members. You inspire and encourage your Chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both the professional as well as the personal level. This could be part of your personal development as well, if not fully familiar with it at this point in time in your professional career.
In short, your key responsibilities are:
- Being an ambassador for cultural change and a role model in terms of the new Agile Way of Working: ensure continuous learning based on feedback, taking into account the different backgrounds of people across cultures and geographies
- Developing individuals and teams and maintains a high level of performance, taking into account teams can work at different locations, countries and time zones
- Being responsible for 7-10 Engineers sharing passion and expert knowledge in one of the fields of the IT Area
- Highly proficient at identifying international market trends that may impact the way of working of IT professionals, and able to adopt and implement these trends
- Highly proficient at helping the organisation structure complex engineering issues, aware of different development methodologies, end-to-end testing, Identity and Access Management, IT Risk control, infra provisioning, Change Management, CI/CD
- Encouraging and facilitating people in the Chapter to continuously develop themselves, both personally and within their area of expertise, so that they remain up-to-date in their field of expertise.
Who are you?
You are a driven and passionate IT engineer with an interest in people. You are ambitious with what you and your Chapter want to achieve. You stimulate your Chapter members towards continuous improvement of their skills. You encourage and stimulate them to take responsibility for their own development and employability. You are a coach to individual Chapter members, both regarding Chapter related skills and behavioural aspects. You bring positive energy to the Tribe and have very good social and communication skills.
Your education, experience and background:
- Education at Bachelor/Master level with a strong analytical background in IT.
- Relevant IT experience: 5 years
- You are a team player
- You are passionate about IT
- Strong analytical skills
- Eager to learn
- Dare to experiment
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- You have the ability to adjust the style of communication
- You come up with smart solutions that to customer needs
- You are an Orange Code role model - You are always a step ahead, you take it on and make it happen and you help others to be successful
The following chapters are waiting are seeking a leader:
Core Engineering / technical - Acquiring and sharing in-depth knowledge of the technology and behaviour of 3rd party applications; and know-how to test, deploy, and integrate these in the Lending ecosystem, whilst applying engineering principles and practices. Data engineering & reporting - Engineering skills on data modelling and analytics, ETL, integration, reporting (Datanet), plus concepts of data lakes and Esperanto, data streaming (event driven, real-time), and data quality management. Non-core Applications - Acquiring and sharing in-depth knowledge of the functionality, technology, and behaviour of 3rd party applications; and know-how to configure and integrate these in the Lending ecosystem, applying engineering principles and practices. Integration Engineering (Gateway) - Stay ahead as software engineers throughout the application lifecycle, using a variety of languages and tools, e.g. Java, Tibco, PEGA, CDC, Kafka, API (ING, 3rd Party). Java Engineering - Stay ahead as software engineers, building with Java and related tooling.
Is this vacancy of interest to you? Please do not hesitate to reach out. Either ask your questions to the recruiter or send us straight your application. If your profile fits to what we are looking for, we are more than happy to invite you over for a first get-to-know.