IT Class - Software Engineer
Assignment | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-02-15 | REQ-10015033
Are you completing your Masters’ or PhD degree from an EU university in 2019? Do you want to make an excellent career move into the Tech industry? Then join the ING IT Class, beginning on September 1st 2019. We are looking for top IT engineers to jump on!
If required we will take care of sponsorship.
Working at ING
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. The bank is becoming an ever-more tech-driven organisation with an outstanding engineering culture. Our mission is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business and provide products & services that make our customers’ life easier. In order to achieve our ambitious goals, we need the very best people, not only experienced professionals, but also the very best starters. The growth of your career is fully dependent on your talent, effort and ambition. The environment allows for many opportunities.
What is the IT Class program
The IT Class offers you the possibility to explore your engineering skills in one year. In this year you will get three personal and one group assignment within different departments of ING. We will make sure you experience different lines of business and work with different techniques in these assignments. In the personal assignments you will be working with an existing and experienced agile team. In the group assignment you will work with IT Class colleagues on an innovation challenge. For the whole first year you will have a dedicated coach and weekly sessions with the IT Class group. Based on your performance in the first year ING will offer you a permanent contract.
Who are we looking for?
- Technical Master or PhD Graduates from an EU based University in 2018 or 2019. Preference for Computer Science, Information Technology or related.
- Strong software development skills, coding included
- No more than 2 years of work experience
- Passion for information technology
- English language proficiency
- Ability to handle challenging technical assignments, involving either legacy or state-of-the-art technology
What do we offer?
- An excellent salary (accompanied by a thirteenth month, paid annual leave, public transport season ticket and employability budget)
- A dedicated coach in your first year
- Extensive training
- 3 personal and 1 group assignment in your first year
- Permanent contract after the 1st year contract (depending on performance)
- Sponsorship for non-EU citizens
You can apply for the IT Class providing your CV, motivation letter and grade lists (Bachelor and Master until now). All documents should be in English.
After a screening phase, you will be invited to complete an online technical assessment. The results will then be analysed by a Management Committee together with your application documents. In case of a positive assessment, you will be invited for one of the selection days in May at our premises in Amsterdam. The start of the IT Class contract is September 1st 2019.
Apply online with the 'apply' button
For more information please go to our website or contact Marc de Haan through IT.Class@ing.nl