IT Lead Finance & Risk
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-07-12 | REQ-10019585
IT Area Lead Finance & Risk
ING is looking to expand by hiring an IT Area Lead for Group Services. The IT Area Lead will work in the Finance & Risk domain. You will combine senior managerial skills with content knowledge of your specific area, general knowledge of Finance & Risk functions in financial services and general knowledge of banking. You have a life-long passion for engineering and enjoy diving into specific topics when necessary. Your managerial skills allow you to attract and retain the best engineers.
As IT Area Lead your are directly responsible for 2-5 Chapter Leads, depending on the specific area.
Your working environment will be in the space of Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Credit Risk, Asset & Liability Management, Management Accounting, Compliance and Non-financial Risk.
You can act as equal counterpart for ING’s Enterprise Architects to find the best solutions under constraints.
The IT Area Lead :
- Manages 2-5 Chapter leads hierarchically
- Acts as coach for his Chapter leads on a daily basis
- Unburdens his Chapter Leads from managerial tasks where possible
- Balances Run and Change, especially with a keen eye on IT Risk
- Ensures the IT backlog flows into the overall backlog process
- Manages stakeholders across multiple local departments.
- Makes his tribe and tribes that depend on him successful
- Sets the example for life-long learning
- Encourages his chapters to invest in innovation
- Treats standing still as falling behind
- Values engineering craftsmanship
- Actively participates in recruitment initiatives to bring in the best talent
- Is able to reason from business needs into solutions
Your work environment:
You will be working within the department Group Services and report to the IT Lead. Depending on seniority exposure to the wider context of Group Services is expected. We hire for talent and expect you to show professional growth, and will give you all the support you need.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone with at least 8 years experience as an IT manager. You have a proven track record in managing application software at scale. We value experience in the Financial industry, especially experience with Accounting, Regulatory Reporting and Financial Risk functions. You are able to act as the technology pillar in the Tribe Leadership, next to the Tribe Lead.
You align your architecture vision with the long term IT vision and the business strategy. You like complex analysis and you can identify and use the different forces that exist in the organisation. You are a team player and able to motivate others. You have good communication and consultancy skills and you are persuasive.
What do we offer ?
· a 40-hour working week
· job grade: 13
Click on Apply. You can reach out to Izabela.Strachota@ing.com for information. For more information about ING check: www.ING.nl/werken
This vacancy closes on date. We are looking forward to your application! Please include a motivation letter with your application otherwise it won't be processed!