IT Ops Engineer
Employee | Tech | Professional | Belgium | Brussels | 2019-05-15 | 056524
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic OpsEngineer with a passion for IT and positive can-do mindset. You are a teamplayer, working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functionalsquad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaborationwithin and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance foryou.
You have a broad and diverseset of competencies that allow you to bring into production and undermanagement, operate, solve security incidents and even decommission theapplication(s) and/or infrastructure services of your squad, and that allow youto automate as much of the operating and maintenance work as possible.
As an Ops Engineer in Fraud& Cybersecurity, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. Youdo this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agilemethod end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and yourcolleagues.
The Ops Engineer bears primaryresponsibility for the stability of application(s), identifies application andsystem-related problems and takes the lead in resolving incidents. Your tasksconsist of monitoring, management, studying and running the application /service. You proactively monitor the technical behaviour and performance in allaspects for the entire stack in order to prevent problems. This means you cancontribute to completion of all activities in the backlog. The following itemsare vital in this:
Contributeto the new way of working
- You work together with colleagues from other areasof expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within andoutside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which youwork.
- You useyour technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events(planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
- Wherepossible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, evenwhen they are not entirely within your area of expertise
Youunderstand the functional and non-functional requirements of the applicationsyou operate.
Youimplement the security and risk management policy so that the system is secureat operating system, database and application server level.
Youmaintain the application Security Operational Guide artefacts.
Youasses, prioritize, and document security incidents and services requests.
Youare responsible for Change Management of the application.
Contributeto team and personal development
Youcontribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receivingfeedback.
Youare responsible for developing your own expertise.
Youare proactive in raising awareness on IT Risk & Control topics amongcolleagues.
A colleague with a talent fortaking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to besuccessful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, youstrive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changingand complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listensand invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the statusquo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Ops Engineer you willalso need to:
Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Deliverypractices
Be pro-active, assertive and a goodcommunicator
Have an excellent written and spoken knowledgeof English
(knowledgeof Dutch and/or French is an asset)
Have a good understanding of servertechnologies (OS, DB, Web, proxy)
3 years’ work experience in an operational ITenvironment.
Hands on experience on Unix administration andshell scripting.
Knowledge on Security, Certificates management,PKI is an asset.
Have an understanding of network technologiesand middleware
Have an understanding of scripting andreporting
A clear purpose, a uniqueoffer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endlessopportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting yourendeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead ofconvention
Furthermore, within the[department name] department, you can count on a range of opportunities toinvest in your personal and professional growth with:
• Working in an international environment
• Access to online and class room trainings,conferences, etc.
• Personal coaching from Agile Coaches andexpert team member
• 30+ holidays to spend as you see fit
• Flexible reward plan with options like carlease, pension savings, extra holiday
• Option to work from home
We redefine banking. What aboutyou?
There has never been a more interesting time to work atING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered bytechnology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel ourpeople are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’reproud of that!