IT Ops Engineer - Capability Squad Summit
Contract de muncă | Tech | Nivel mediu | România | 2019-07-11 | 057097
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Why Summit Capability?
The Summit Capability Squad supports the Summit application in Financial Markets in a number of ways: help our Front and Middle Office Summit users in their daily activities, provide support for the interactions between Summit and other Financial Markets systems (such as MarikitWire, Murex, Bloomberg, Kondor+, etc), deliver changes and new functionalities, helping at the same time to maintain a robust and reliable application.
As an OPS Engineer in the Summit Capability Squad, you will excel in maintaining and enhancing in all aspects the Front/Middle-Office Summit V5.6 system. This will include analysis, design and test of code changes and close cooperation with the Product Owner and with the Developers to help resolve Production issues, as well as add new features for the system, which to address various business requirements or regulatory requirements.
• You take ownership of issues, improvements and new functionality
• Help the developers/peers working for other systems to understand the root cause for a problem or existing gap for an enhancement
• As part of a cross-border (London, Bucharest, NY and Singapore) Capability Squad you work in an Agile/Scrum way, on the backlog prioritized by a Product Owner.
• Our platform has a global user base of Risk Managers, Traders and Sales in Singapore, Europe and New York. You will help maintaining and developing a stable, performing and secure platform/service.
• Comply with all internal guidelines, timely completion all mandatory training and safeguard the integrity and reputation of ING always.
• A graduate in Finance/Cybernetics/Computer Science (or related degree).
• 2+ years of experience in a project implementation environment for the Summit platform.
• You have a good understanding of generic Financial markets concepts
• You have a good/solid knowledge of Summit implementation / migration / upgrade projects
• Good understanding of the Summit data model and of some of the following Summit modules: Risk, Market Data, Deal capture, Summit reports, Bonds, CDS, Swaps, State transitions, optional - Loaders and Adaptors.
• Comfortable using SQL at an intermediate level in your daily activities.
• Using Linux commands at a beginner to intermediate level.
• You are tenacious and have a problem-solving attitude and an analytical mindset.
• You are able to: explain complex issues in a structured way to peers, to share your knowledge with team members and provide assistance where necessary.
• Intermediate to proficient user of the Professional English language and an ability to work in an international environment.
• Occasional travel will be expected to share knowledge and increase team collaboration.
Desirable competencies – nice to have
• Shell scripting: Korn shell, Python, Perl.
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts, some interactions with tools such as Git, Jenkins.