ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Why Summit Capability?
The Summit Capability Squad supports the Summit application in Financial Markets in a number of ways: support to our Front and Middle Office users, delivering change and new functionality while helping to maintain a robust and reliable application.
As an OPS Engineer in the Summit Capability Squad, you will excel in development and maintenance in all aspects of the Front/Middle-Office Summit V5.6 system. This will include analysis, design and test of code changes and close cooperation with the Support Ops Engineers to help resolve Production issues.
• You take ownership of issues, improvements and new functionality, seeing them through to completion, providing comprehensive handover as required.
• Developing secure code that does not create system vulnerabilities or expose sensitive data beyond the agreed scope within the framework of a Continuous Delivery pipeline.
• Complying with all internal guidelines, timely completion all mandatory training and safeguarding the integrity and reputation of ING always.
• As part of a cross-border (London, Bucharest, NY and Singapore) Capability Squad you work in an Agile/Scrum way, on the backlog prioritized by a Product Owner, and you demo your features to other Capability colleagues and the stakeholders alike.
• Our platform has a global user base of Risk Managers, Traders, Sales in Singapore, Europe and New York, you are responsible for supporting a stable, performing and secure platform/service.
• A graduate in Computer Science (or related degree).
• 2+ years of experience in a Summit Development role.
• You have a solid knowledge of Summit implementation / migration / upgrade projects
• Good understanding of the Summit architecture and services (RT components: DS, BVS, BondPos, STP processes, Loaders and Adaptors) as well as development experience on Linux / Unix OS (RedHat) and Windows OS using MS Visual Studio 2010+.
• You have technical skills: Oracle SQL, Shell scripting (Korn shell, Python, Perl), C++, C#, GNU toolchain e.g. gcc, gdb etc.
• You understand the CORBA services e.g. role of DS, RT server architecture (to V5.x).
• You are familiar with messaging middleware e.g. IBM MQ, Tibco EMS and Apache ActiveMQ.
• You are tenacious and have an analytical mindset.
• You are able to share your knowledge with team members and provide assistance where necessary.
• Occasional travel will be expected to share knowledge and increase team collaboration.
• Professional proficiency in the English language and an ability to work in an international environment.
• Development experience of distributed/multi-process applications (including DataSynapse grid, CORBA – preferably Orbix).
• Experience in building using Gradle and writing Groovy.
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts, experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins/Hudson, Artifactory, Ansible, Gradle, JUnit, Sonar and automated testing of both GUI and backend reporting.
To get you up to speed on your application, we will just ask you a few simple questions to complete your profile. Let’s start with creating an account, uploading your résumé and checking your contact details.