IT Ops Engineer – Global Processing Center
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-08-21 | REQ-10019372
ING is looking for a junior IT Ops engineer with a clear view about IT and a drive for continuous improvement and learning. Flexibility and a getting things done mindset is important to manage the complex application landscape that is processing every night high volumes of Financial transactions.
The Global Processing Center of ING Finance is processing every night all commercial banking transactions for accounting and reporting purposes. To assure timely delivery continuous optimization is required to cope with growth and changes. Security, automation with Python and continuous delivery principles are important topics for improvement in the coming years.
You are responsible for several applications based on Oracle technology and Continuous delivery tooling.
Your responsibilities are:
- Provide 2nd-line support (24x7) together with your colleagues, resolving incidents for the extensive batch schedules
- Identify and resolve problems both as a result of incidents and pro-actively
- Test and accept changes
- Execute software deployments to the Acceptance and Production environment
- Continuously improve and automate operational activities by Python scripting
- Ensure that all hardware and software within the system is patched and secure.
- Monitor that system security complies to ING standards and policies, and ensure that the necessary risk related activities are timely performed
Your BusDevOps team
ING is a Bank where IT is core business, and that is leading in an agile way of working, using scrum and squads according to the Spotify model. Squads have functional experts, developers and Ops engineers. The Ops Engineer ensures the operational stability, integrity and availability of the applications and interfaces. You monitor, test and deploy various applications to meet the challenging SLA. You continuously improve security measures and the level of automation. Therefor it is required to understands the complete stack from application to operating system.
Your will be working in Amsterdam.
Squads are multi-cultural where some members can be working from an offshore location.
Together with your colleagues you assure that intervention and support is in place during morning shift, afternoon shift, standby duty, and weekend shift.
Opportunities for development
ING is aware that the world is changing rapidly. There is a strong focus on IT craftsmanship. Continuous personal development and learning new IT skills is essential and will be supported to keep you up-to-date.
Next to opportunities for personal development, we offer you a fulltime job based on 36 hours a week with salary according to banking standards (about 4400 but bandwidth lower and higher depending on experience). Additionally free public transport in the Netherlands and 13th month bonus.
- able to act independently during standby shifts, but also being a team player to improve together
- technically passionate and exploring new technologies
- fast and continuous learner
- A bachelor or master degree in IT / computer sciences
- good collaboration and communication skills (English) and a proactive attitude
- a positive can-do mind-set, always improving methods, yourself and your colleagues
- attitude of documenting all information that is relevant for your team
At least 2 years and max 6 years of relevant experience:
- experience with ITIL processes to run and maintain applications
- experience with SQL and databases
- experience with Python or shell scripting or other programming languages
- aware of current CD/CI concepts and emerging technologies
Having some development experience and a background in Financial sector will be a plus.
Interested or wanting to know more?
Share your CV and motivation letter. Extensive summaries of more than 5 pages will not be considered.
If you have any questions about this position, contact Harrie in ’t Veld (+31 6 2907 5670). We look forward to meeting you.
This vacancy will remain published for excellent candidates.