JAVA Backend Engineer
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-01-11 | REQ-10014890
What you will be doing as a Java Backend Engineer:
You work within a team of Java, iOs, Android, iOS UX engineers and Data scientists to develop an outstanding customer proposition and you have strong knowledge and experience in designing, building and maintaining a back-end from scratch.
Performance, security and resilience are of upmost important, as we will be handling high load, customer data and want to deliver a service with maximum availability. The majority of our micro services is written in Java Spring Boot. We are looking for someone that is proficient in the aforementioned areas.
An good understanding and experience with Cassandra is needed and it’s great if you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and an event driven-architecture.
The backend has to be quality controlled by fully automated tests and have to be performance tested for which you will also be responsible. We work according to a SCRUM Agile development process and release working software regularly to production.
What we are looking for in a Java Backend Engineer:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating highly scalable mission-critical applications.
- Strong skills in Java software development and experience in design and development of complex, secure and high-performance applications
- Excellent knowledge of Java including the Spring framework
- Experience with Kubernetes and how to securely expose rest services from an environment
- Experience with test driven development & test automation
- Real world OO design experience and knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of Cassandra
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Experience with API platform tools like Apigee
- Knowledge of of design and resilience patterns
- Familiar with continuous Integration tools like: GIT, Jenkins, Sonar, Maven, Nexus and are able to configure these tools.
- Knowledge of JSON, REST, web-services
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Agile / Scrum or as a Scrum Master
What we offer:
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING