Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | 2019-02-11 | 055672
Discover ING TechING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 500 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Model Bank is a strategic program that aims to deliver a platform that offers all customers the same differentiating experience irrespective of the country they are in or the device they use to connect. Because Model Bank will be scalable, it can be extended to other countries, products and services.
The Model Bank will bring a high level of standardization and centralization to our systems, processes, data and way of working, aligned with other strategic initiatives of ING
What you bring to the team:
You will have a deep passion for people and IT, as well as the following key skills and experience:
- University background in Computer Science and/or Informatics.
- You have 7 years+ experience in development.
- Advanced knowledge of Java 8; Backend or/and Middleware awareness;
- Experience with coaching and motivating team members
- Experience in developing automated testing
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
- Energized to proof that agile can also be applied to a complex and regulated environment. Good communication skills.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Occasional travel abroad for knowledge build-up and getting to know your colleagues is required
Nice to have:
- Some experience in a bank environment
This will be a challenging work environment with extensive, innovative developments. We are learning every day.
- First of all, you are a passionate, hands-on Java developer
- You are the former Technical Lead spending 60% of your time on content tasks related to the domain
- In the beginning you will do the coding, testing and setting up of the (CD/CI) workflows; working together with some customer journey experts, UXers, architects and a product owner.
- You help your team develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback
- Together with your IT Area Lead you set targets for each team member
- You are in charge of the „how”, - how to build an efficient, high quality solution based on the requested functionality
- You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent (guideline HR activities: 40%, Engineering activities 60%)
- You are responsible for HR related activities : 1 to 1 meetings with your team members , performance management, etc