Employee | Products Management | Professional | Australia | New South Wales | 2019-05-16 | REQ-T056472
We're looking for an empathetic Junior Designer with a strong portfolio of work in digital.
You'll be part of the UX Design team: we work closely with other teams to frame problems and help them to create the right solutions. As a team we're small so each of us really has a lot of impact on how ING.com.au looks and works.
We use Sketch for all our UI work, Adobe After Effects for animations and Adobe Illustrator for, well, illustrations. We're quick to adopt better tools and processes, so you'll be more than welcome to contribute all the good practices you've used before.
- You value collaboration and are at your best when you're part of a team.
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs.
- You make well-reasoned design decisions understanding colour, light and materials.
- You have empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals.
- You can show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective visual design.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure clear direction and problem-solve
- Have a top-level understanding of web page layout across desktop and mobile
- Provide developers with organised files that are labelled correctly (aligned to a design system)
- Provide developers with optimised graphics
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.
(One last thing, ING operates a direct talent sourcing model. So no agency introductions, please.)