MariaDB - Infrastructure Engineer - Competent/Proficient
Employee | Tech | Romania | 2019-02-04 | 052317
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them.
We empower people and organizations to realize their own vision for a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!
We live in a data-centric world so databases and the DBAs that master them are the keystone for a successful enterprise.
• Creates and maintains all production and non-production databases across multiple complex MySQL/Maria DB DBMS implementation;
• Ensure availability of databases and applications, according to Service Level Agreement for modules of our Internet Banking Application (Home’Bank);
• Ensure support 24x7, in case of incidents, during the stand-by support period;
• Implement database and application changes, according to the Change Management plan;
• Understand all the implications of administrating a highly critical environment with online applications;
• Deploy, configure, manage and monitor MySQL/MariaDB and Cassandra instances;
• Collaborate with other IT departments like: monitoring & tooling, application development, infrastructure;
• Troubleshooting and support for level 3 incidents and resolving data or configuration issues;
• Planning and management of upgrade and patches installations;
• Make sure the ING security standards are always met and perform periodic security monitoring;
• Collaborates with other team members (Application Administrators, System Administrators, Network Administrators)
• Collaborates with other IT departments like: Monitoring& tooling, Application development, Infrastructure;
• Proactively monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
• Keep up to date with new technology.
What you bring to the team
• Senior level DBA experience
• 3+ years experience with MySQL and 1+ years experience with MariaDB and/or Cassandra
• Experience in database performance tuning and upgrades;
• Experience in developing and managing data on MySQL/MariaDB and/or Cassandra, connectivity and security experience;
• SQL experience or strong PL-SQL experience;
• Experience with MySQLslap benchmark to see mysql performance
• Nice to have experience with MonYog monitoring, Percona Toolkit
• Experience with different versions of Linux (preferably RHEL);
• Exposure to complex environments / projects;
• Very good communication abilities, team spirit.