OPS Engineer Global Monitoring Track & Trace for Payments
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-03-15 | REQ-10016022
We are looking for
OPS engineer who wants to understand the payment processing chain and helps to prevent data breaches
Your new job!
Over the past three years we decided that it was necessary to improve the security and insights in the complete payment chain. After some brainstorming the real solution was born during a hackaton where we created an application through which it is possible to track payments through all systems. After this hackaton the Global Monitoring Track & Trace DevOps team was created. Next to tracking payments GMTT also ensures that the payment is not changed during processing, alerts are sent if something goes wrong. The real cherry on the cake however is the predictive analytics which we are developing, to ensure we can prevent incidents before they even occur. Because we monitor so many systems you get the opportunity to understand the application landscape and develop a more holistic view on payment processing. With your communication-skills you will be interacting with many teams around us to understand their exact needs.
We currently process 30 million events per day. After three years and an increasing number of consumers in both the wholesale and retail domain it is now time to mature the application and become much more configurable and scalable. This requires sophisticated engineering extensions based on the Touch Point Architecture. Technically this is about Java, Kafka, Flink, Linux, Elastic, Zookeeper and Ansible. Functionally, this is about real-time insights, detecting data breaches, alerting our consumers in case of incidents and predictive analytics to ensure we and our consumers continuously improve. Next to that, there is a migration coming to the ING private cloud infrastructure. In this process we are looking for an enthusiastic OPS engineer, who can help us take the next step in our application life cycle.
How do we work in WBS?
We believe that business value is delivered by Agile top engineers working together in high performing DevOps teams, according to the Scrum framework. Teams are composed of both Dev and Ops Engineers, sometimes sharing responsibilities. Together with customer journey experts and feature engineers you decide what the future of your application and the world around it looks like.
Next to working in a squad you will also be placed in a chapter with other OPS engineers within ING. This will give you the opportunity to sharpen your skills, learn the craft and share your expertise.
Our Engineers have a positive can-do mindset and they live the Orange Code Behaviour.
What will you do?
You will Work in a multidisciplinary team that is comprised of Dev Engineers and Ops Engineers and possibly other team members. With this team you will deliver business value across the entire end to end application chain. You are responsible for ensuring the operational stability, integrity and availability of the application at all times. An OPS engineer:
· Deploys and runs a production system and provides support for the application within the team.
· Understands and monitors the entire technology stack the application is running on.
· Specifies, creates and executes performance and operational acceptance tests, including HA and DR tests.
· Specifies, creates, tests and deploys runtime scripts.
· Specifies, tests and executes deployments and rollback scripts.
· Configures, implements and maintains Monitoring Tooling;
· Monitors the application and the interfaces of the application and sets alert thresholds and fine-tunes them for logical and technical health monitoring. Identifies application and system related problems and acts accordingly.
· Responsible for the execution of the security policy in such a way that the system is secure on the level of the Operating system, database and application server.
· Responsible for capacity management and the reliability of the system.
· Responsible for change, problem and incident management. Drafts stories to resolve problems.
· Responsible for lifecycle management of the system.
· You and your team play a more and more important role in “hire & fire” and planning, coaching, and appraisal process. Therefore asking and receiving honest feedback is very important.
· You keep the IT Service secure at all levels: OS, middleware, application, chain and ING level. You take the right counter measures to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability, and you describe and document this in ING’s security framework.
· You actively participate in knowledge gaining and sharing in the OPS chapter, and come up with new ideas to better the way of working or tooling within the area.
Why ING WBS?
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. Wholesale Banking Services (WBS) is part of Ops&IT Banking. WBS develops and maintains applications, systems and processes requested by ING Wholesale Banking customers, mainly for Payments, Lending Services and Trade Finance. We use Open Source more and more and try out new technologies if adding value.
Our mission is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business and provide products & services that make our customers’ life easier. In order to deliver the best banking experience we hire the best IT specialists to master the technology.
· Enjoy being part of an extremely successful and valued team.
- Learn every day from our top senior engineers. Access to trainings and education
· Build complex applications instead of regular web applications.
· Add payments knowledge to your CV.
· Become proud and praised by stakeholders and colleagues.
· Excellent salary 50K – 100K, with a thirteenth month and Life-course savings scheme
- Public transport season ticket (NS Business Card)
- Full time position (36 hour week)
Who are you?
You are a driven IT engineer who feels personal responsibility for the quality of your application and its reliability. You are ambitious with what you and your DevOps team want to achieve. You bring positive energy to the team and have very good social and communication skills. This leads to great performance, no matter if it is an on-shore, near-shore, offshore, or virtual team. We are looking for an experienced engineer, with a strong technical background and a broad and open mindset.
You recognize yourself in this profile:
- As a top engineer you are proud of your craft. You love doing the activities described in ‘What will you do?”.
- You are a good communicator, energizer and motivator, and love to interact with different teams and roles.
- You continuously learn and take full ownership of your personal development. You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You teach, coach and train our colleagues, you share knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have a broad understanding of the IT architecture of your domain, have excellent analytical skills and are able to determine the impact of certain choices. You are aware of the architecture principles and standards used within ING. You can translate these principles into concrete actions for your team.
- You recognize yourself in ING’s Orange Code and apply it to push your team to highest possible performance.
Your education, experience and background:
- Education at Bachelor/Master level with a strong analytical background, preferably in IT, Cybernetics, or Econometrics
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery tooling like docker and ansible is a pre
- Knowledge of java, Flink, kafka, elasticsearch, zookeeper, storm, springboot is a pre
- Knowledge of networking. Is a pre
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. shell, python)
- Preferred additional knowledge on Payments domain;
- CSD (Certified Scrum Developer/Engineer) is a pre
- Work experience in an Agile organization and you have proven Agile mindset and behaviour.
- You have broad experience in the activities described in ‘What will you do?”
- An excellent spoken and written command of English.