Operational/ Business Controller @Yolt
Assignment | Accounting / Finance | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-02-11 | REQ-10015500
Yolt, the smart thinking money app, is on a mission to empower everyone to be smart with their money. With our mission in place, we launched in 2017 and haven’t looked back. With over half a million registered users across the UK, France and Italy, we’re working hard to empower our users every day.
Innovation is our driving force: We’re leveraging the power of PSD2 and Open Banking to deliver the most innovative money app on the market. This year, Yolt was awarded the Excellence in Innovation award at the Corporate Entrepreneur Awards, 2018.
About the team
You'll join a team of highly skilled and inspiring people, from copywriters to developers, united in our mission to build Yolt, work hard, and celebrate our successes. As a venture of ING N.V., we operate in a unique space – backed by the power of a large multinational bank and driven by the entrepreneurial attitude of a start-up. We want to grow our team even further and help us bring Yolt to the next 500,000 people!
What you'll be doing as Operational/ Business Controller:
We need an experienced team-mate who will obsess over the financial health of Yolt!
Being part of a scale-up, you are motivated by diversity in your work. You professionalize the financial operations within Yolt and create a solid invoicing structure for our Partner Platform. You have experience in the financial industry and know your way around international environments.
A solid business case is will be your main challenge and a start-up mindset makes you creative in finding funding solutions. You are the principle liaison between the ING Finance team and within Yolt you work closely together with our head of partnerships and our CPO.
You provide the Yolt team with insights that support decision making on strategic, tactical and operational level which makes you the business controller for all initiatives within Yolt. We do not spend without you knowing it.
You like hands-on work and strategy/controlling at the same time. You work in our Yolt Amsterdam office and report directly into the COO.
What we’re looking for in a Operational/ Business Controller:
- At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the areas of accountancy, business administration of finance and control.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial administration and/or financial controlling
- Analytical skills to perform analytical review on statutory and regulatory reports and the ability to challenge assumptions and perform an impact analysis on reporting issues.
- Communication and persuasion skills to perform relationship management with international stakeholders using a global perspective and cultural sensitivity.
- You are a solution-driven, great communicator and act as an expert in its field
- Collaboration skills, team player with the ability to operate independently (self-starter) and to build bridges across functions
- Fluent English (verbal and writing)
- Financial audit experience is an advantage
- Experience in the implementation of regulatory reporting changes (projects), and resolving reporting issues including stakeholder management.
- Presenting reporting issues in key messages to a broader senior audience
- Ability to cope with work-pressure and work with deadlines being dependent on others.
- You enjoy challenges and like working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel
What do we offer?
- Flexible hours
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Exposure to an international, diverse work place
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
If you can see yourself in one of Europe’s most innovative teams, apply today! We're looking forward to hearing from you!