Operations Specialist FM Back Office OTC drafter
Employee | Tech | Professional | Belgium | Brussels | 2019-03-14 | 055918
Your role & work environment
Your key responsibilities
- You will follow the evolution of a.o. the products, processes and IT tools used in your field of expertise
- You will be on top of new developments with regard to processing applications or market practices
- You will be the primary contact person for the Shared Service Center for questions related to Equity & commodity derivatives and the related internal and external processes.Product Ownership
- You will be the main point of contact for our offshore colleagues regarding OTC Commodity and Equity derivatives processing issues and questions
- You take ownership of escalations made by our service center and ensure knowledge sharing across the local and offshore teams
- You will assist the process engineer in assessing the impact of required process improvements and changes and its implementation.Process ownership
- You will serve as the specialist when it comes to determining the best way to approach more complex transactions on the level of operations
- You will serve as escalation point for our colleagues in the service Center with regard to more complicated trades and/or questions and act as point of contact for more specialized customer requests/questions
- You assist the process engineer to strive for process optimization and improvements in the process which could benefit our customers.
We look for
- Be able to or strong ability to learn how to validate complex derivative transactions introduced by Sales and trading to ensure smooth processing towards the client.
- Follow-up on market changes and evolutions ensuring that we stay compliant and on top of our industry
- Be able to manually draft and validate confirmations of complex equity and commodity derivatives
- Be able to review and sign confirmations of more complex equity and commodity derivatives
- Be able to investigate the source of an issue based upon your thorough knowledge of the product and process.
- Ensure E2E follow-up of transactions in case of issues with regard to (but not limited to) disputes on e.g. confirmation language
- Knowledge of ISDA wording and industry practices or have strong affinity with the Over-The-Counter market is a plus
- Have updated knowledge on the Equity and Commodity derivatives industry and business and understand the impact of evolutions on your business
- A previous work experience in an operations department linked to Financial Markets products is a must
- A first experience and/or a strong interest in the world of Equity and commodity derivatives is a must
- You are able to identify the risks within your product and process of expertise and define the controls mitigating those risks;
- You are able to analyze and identify root causes of more complex problems in our equity & commodity derivatives operations processes;
- You are able to quickly assess the impact of an incident and the likelihood that a certain issue materializes in your area of expertise;
- You are able to provide pragmatic solutions efficiently and timely for questions / problems coming from the team (on- and off-shore)
- Having an extensive network (internally or in the industry) to obtain relevant information is an asset.
- Maintain a good relationship with your stakeholders internationally in order to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and an optimal customer experience
- Be able to provide constructive feedback by keeping an open line of communication towards our Service Center.
- Experience with working in a cross-border team is an asset
- Be familiar and uphold the One Way of Working and Agile principles.
- Act as One team with our colleagues of Shared Services in other locations
- Very good knowledge of the standard Microsoft package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, …)