Are you passionate about algorithms and technical challenges? Do you want to touch the lives of six million people on an advanced digital platform that’s the go-to place for their financial needs?
Then we’re looking for you to help us transform banking and build what we’re calling our Rubik platform. It will unite our online banks in Spain, Italy, France and the Czech Republic and give our customers the same differentiating ING experience everywhere.
Just like there are 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 possible positions for the blocks on a Rubik’s cube, it’s only by choosing the right combination of moves that solves the puzzle. We’re looking for experienced dev engineers who can help us position the squares of our cube in ways we could never even have imagined.
We want people who care about clean code, scalability, code testing and automation.
Your role and work environment
You’ll be based in Madrid where you’ll work on our transformation programme in collaboration with a network of experts and senior leaders in other ING countries. Given the international nature of the job, English is the working language of choice.
Your key responsibilities
As a platform architect you’ll own the full stack lifecycle of the platform. This includes being accountable for the platform’s evolution across IT chains and domains that consume platform service; integration with other platforms; reducing complexity; improving quality and consistency to bring new ideas to customers faster; and you’ll guard the security and data integrity in the design, implementation and operation of platforms.
In addition, you’ll work in an Agile environment where you’ll define realistic and ambitious implementation roadmaps, quarterly business reviews, epics, features, user stories and backlogs. And you’ll describe patterns in cookbooks to guide engineers, managers and squads.
What we’re looking for
• An energetic, pro-active leader who can take things on and make them happen
• Good communication skills (written /verbal) and fluent in English
• A team player who values collaboration with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, but who can also work individually
• An ability to solve problems and strong analytical skills
• Accuracy and a keen attention to details
Proven track record and technical skills
- Demonstrated experience in a hands-on development leadership role and in other successful IT-related change initiatives.
- 3-5 years work experience in platform architecture
- Understanding of the banking environment, products and processes
- Experience in API Management and its technologies and standards
- Strong knowledge of microservices and related patterns and technologies in classic frameworks (Spring) and with reactive technologies (Akka)
- Strong knowledge of containers technologies and usage
- Strong knowledge of event-driven architecture and middleware and messaging platforms like JBoss, WSO2, TIBCO, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc
- Strong knowledge of highly scalable and highly available architectures with 24/7 deployment with multiple datacenters.
- A clear understanding of Data in Motion technologies, big data technologies, machine learning (real time streaming, learning models, data lakes, transports like Kafka), infra technologies and its lifecycle and architecture
- Virtualisation, storage, network components (firewalls, switches, balancers, proxies) and its usage and configuration
- Network topologies patterns and best practices
- Communications protocols
- Clear understanding of Data at Rest technologies, Oracle and other SQL databases, Cassandra and other noSQL databases, Neo4J graph database and other specific purpose databases
- In-depth knowledge of building highly scalable and secure web and mobile applications.
In return we offer
Free company shuttle between our offices and the city centre
Life and health insurance for you, your partner and children
Banking benefits such as special loan or mortgage terms
Gympass programme to keep you fit and healthy