This new position will be created within the ING Global Compliance Centre (IGCC) and will be located in Romania. The role is defined as a “Process design expert role”. The role reports functionally as a primarily line to corporate compliance function and hierarchically to the Head of the IGCC.
The Process Design expert has the responsibility of process definition and documentation, while ensuring adequacy and effectiveness of the processes. As an expert on compliance processes you will coordinate and contribute to enhancement of multiple Process Improvements for the Compliance function globally. You will support the process owners in running process improvement programs.
Collaboration and cooperation with global compliance function and IGCC will be based on knowledge and expertise.
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders offers an environment which not only provides the global overview on how the various Compliance requirements and controls are embedded, yet also provides the opportunity the further support the enhancement of the global control framework.
Your day to day:
The above translates to the following (non-exclusive) set of activities:
• In consultation with the experts and stakeholders develop, improve and maintain (parts of) global compliance process descriptions;
• Identify gaps (if any), assess impact and elaborate recommendations for tactical and target solutions;
• Support process owners and stakeholders in developing and keeping up-to-date an operational plan for the implementation of process improvements across the Bank units (timing and sequence, areas, processes);
• Document processes according with global framework;
• Ensure feasibility, timeliness and proper sequencing of improvement waves;
• Assure progress tracking against targets and plans, including benefits tracking of ongoing improvement implementations, as well as continuous improvements;
• Communicate the results of process improvements across ING;
• Analyze the possibilities offered by the technical platforms for achieving the maximum level of harmonization;
What you bring to the team:
We are looking for a motivated new colleague who has experience with:
• Describing Compliance related process documents/guidance document/policies preferably in a financial services industry.;
• Experience with Conflict of Interest and/or KYC policies/processes is a plus;
• Working with key stakeholders at different levels of seniority (from management to operational staff);
• Proven track record and credibility in achieving results in the way we work around processes; improving our efficiency and stakeholder experience as a result;
• Working with process frameworks and improvement methodologies (Lean / 6Sigma; Process wash; Agile);
• Change strategy and corporate implementation skills, experience with working in large, growing international organizations facing demanding business requirements;
You are/or have among others:
• University degree;
• Willing to travel internationally if needed;
• Ability to clearly articulate complex processes business processes in English;
• Strong prioritization and planning skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills for interactions with management and operational staff;
• Strong coordination and project management skills for running multiple initiatives;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think out new solutions (“outside of the box”); rigor in fact base / data analysis;
• Willingness and ambition to drive process change; ability to speak up;
• High level of pro-activeness and initiative;
• Can-do attitude; support and execution of daily tasks / routines together with process teams / shop-floor staff;