Senior Project Manager for ING Analytics
Employee | Project / Programme management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-03-15 | REQ-10016101
Senior Project Manager for ING Analytics
ING is looking for experienced hires to help build on our global Analytics ambition
Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, a strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can make the difference by using machine learning to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing business challenges, please read on.
We are incredibly excited about Data Analytics and the great potential for progress and innovation. We believe that analytics is a key differentiator in bringing “anytime, anywhere, personalized” services to our customers. We wish to improve our operational processes and create new and innovative data driven products that go beyond traditional banking, such as the platform models. Achieving this vision will require us to build and expand on our analytics effort and organize ourselves around focused value buckets with strong coordination across the different parts of the organization.
ING Analytics is a new unit responsible for realizing this vision for ING, differentiating ING as a leader in data-driven organization, within the banking sector and beyond. The team consists of a number of global Analytics Center of Excellences around the bank’s key capabilities (such as Pricing, Risk Management, Financial Crime, Customer Interactions, etc.) as well as strong coordination areas around data management, technology, customer journey, and external partnerships.
Analytics Evangelization and Business Relationship Management
The Analytics Evangelization and Business Relationship Management team is one of the five core teams within ING Analytics. It is responsible for working with the businesses and the Centres of Expertise to actively steer the analytics backlog, participate in trade-off and prioritization discussions, also support some projects with project management, legal and compliance aspects.
As Senior Project Manager, you are a key member of the global analytics team and you play a key role in enabling our data driven organization.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support project delivery; act as single point of contact for all compliance, legal and risk matters for the core team and the Centres of Expertise
- Provide guidance and project management for data protection and data sharing topics
- Liaise with the corporate and local functions and support decision making
- Provide expertise on GDPR, PSD2 and other data related laws and regulations to the Centres of Expertise and data science chapters
- Maintain relationships with various stakeholders to ensure delivery of overall objective
- Draw up and implement the risk management plan
- Resolve, mitigate or escalate risks, problems and significant changes
- Always thinking a step ahead and never satisfied with the status quo
- Enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a talent for taking it on and making it happen
- You embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment
- You are comfortable with change and a self-starter
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals
- Have excellent analytical skills and sound judgment and have the ability to see the overall picture
- You are assertive to challenge management and recommend improvements; having the ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
- You are comfortable in building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- You have a Pro-active and can-do attitude (self-steering)
- You react in a timely and effective manner (flexible) to unforeseen complications / requests while keeping positive attitude. Result / deliverables driven by being able to set the right priorities
- At least 5 years of experience in a legal, compliance or risk function
- Global working experience is highly valued
- Cultural- and organizational sensitivity
- An entrepreneurial mind set
- Excellent communication- and influencing skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Affinity with strategic programs in general and/or Accelerating Think-Forward in specific is a plus
- Knowledge about the latest developments in the analytics community (methods and tools) is a plus
- Knowledge of existing and emerging analytics technology/open source technologies is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Although Dutch is a plus, it is not necessary.
- Willingness to learn: open to feedback, develops on the technical and the interpersonal level
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!