Senior Sales Consultant Financial Institutions, (PCM FI)
Employee | Sales / Relationship management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2019-05-16 | REQ-10016773
Payment & Cash Management Sales, Financial Institutions, (PCM FI) Wholesale Banking is looking for a Senior Sales Consultant based in Amsterdam covering a portfolio of CEE banks and NBFI from a PCM product perspective
In this senior role, your responsibility is to “globally” manage the relationships with CEE (including Turkey and Israel) based Financial Institutions and Non-Bank Financial Institutions from a PCM perspective. Your primary objective is to grow the PCM revenues on the portfolio of clients, through either the growth of existing business or new product or services to existing clients or broaden the existing client base by signing up new clients that meet the necessary criteria. You will also be the primary contact for the client to all items relating to PCM products and services, ranging from discussing new needs or requirements, implementation, customer support, AML questions and procedures or discussing and providing opinions on market developments.
Your work environment
The PCM Sales FI Team is centralised in Amsterdam and Brussels with responsibility for delivering the PCM products and services on a global basis to the FI clients. The client base is made up of a mixture of commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, asset managers and increasingly a number of PSP organisations that are licensed by the same regulators as the banks. You will work in close cooperation with various teams in Brussels, the relationship management teams in various CEE countries and local PCM FI colleagues throughout the ING network .
The person for this role has to be personable, as it is still very much a people business, within a relatively small community of Transaction Bankers that know each other. So for instance, there is only a limited number of RFP’s as business is primarily conducted on the trust and knowledge of the Institutions and the Sales Consultant involved. Therefore you need to be prepared to research the client’s business, understand how the various services work and meet the needs of the client and the impact of market developments. This means meeting the client’s, exploring their needs and working together with the client to deliver solutions to their needs. There will also be times when you need to be flexible to help colleagues and clients to resolve any operational or other issues: building the trust with the clients. Finally you cannot succeed on your own and to be successful, you need to be a team player and be supportive, especially internally.
Additionally an understanding of compliance and customer activity monitoring, FATF recommendations as it impacts corresponding banking are essential
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm
- Interpersonal skills are of the essence: the ability to communicate clearly, build relationships and develop trust.
- Commercially minded, but not forgetting that it is very much a people business
- Preferably an understanding of payment products or knowledge of the FI market
- Interested and understand the technical/operational side of payments, as you will be required to demonstrate that you understand the business and find solutions to the client’s needs
- Be prepared to do the necessary research and have an analytical approach to determine the client needs and adapt the current capabilities to find a solution to those needs
- Be able to work as part of a team, but also independently on the portfolio of clients
- Deep understanding of compliance and customer activity monitoring, FATF recommendations as it impacts corresponding banking
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 5 years of experience in the Financial Industry or a comparable international environment.
What we offer
- 40 hours
- Job scale 13
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Simon Shephard + 31 6 3062 0587 Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ing.jobs/Nederland