Senior Test Automation Engineer
Impiegato | Tech | Italia | Lombardia | 2019-05-02 | 056537
Senior Test Automation Engineer works within the IT Integration Team in an agile environment. He/She reports to IT Integration Lead.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer he/she is accountable for develop and execute automated test suites and guarantee a continuous improvement of the Test Automation practice enlarging scope, bringing value in improving technologies and test efficiency. Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation.
In an agile environment he works with the teams in order to understand and anticipate needs. He acts in a collaborative and proactive way.
• Monitoring and reporting feedback about test automation and non-regression results and support the It integration Lead in the Release Go/No Go process with regression tests evidences.
• Identify and drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability. Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD pipelines.
• Review requirements, user documentation and other project documentation to ensure quality to the tests to be developed;
• Mentor team members on automation
• Write, maintain and enhance Test automation scripts and framework including its infrastructure, data and execution practice applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing;
• Work with the ING Development Team to figure out Development test objects and develop automated tests;
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the testing discipline and ‘add value’ initiatives;
• Lead the testing effort across projects through effective planning, scheduling, oversight and execution;
• Manage Test Automation activities and build a Center of Expertise of talent testers;
• Analyse Test Automation and Non-regression results in order to verify Go Live criteria and support IT Integration Team during the Go/No Go phase
• 7+ years testing experience using the Software Development Lifecycle and across the Full Testing Lifecycle;
• 5+ years’ experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C# and VB.NET;
• Intimate understanding and experience of functional, regression and acceptance testing;
• Proficient in REST & SOAP API Automation using Java;
• 3+ years’ experience in Selenium WebDriver automation;
• Knowledge of common programming patterns or technics (e.g. singleton, builder, MVC, dependency Injection, or anything else defined in GoF);
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Comfortable with HTML, CSS, XPath, XML, Json, SQL;
• Knowledge of Cucumber and TDD/BDD methodologies;
• Comfortable with agile methodologies;
• Proficient with GIT and Maven;
• Experience with agile software development methodology and practices;
• Good of Agile practices
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Good knowledge of IT Technologies
• Good knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of JUnit, Hamcrest, Spring and Appium frameworks;
• Comfortable with Docker and Jenkins;
• Knowledge of one or more databases including but not limited to: Oracle, SQL Server and SQLite;
• Experience with one or more scripting languages.
• Team leadership
• Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
• Collaborative and proactive
• Passion for technology
• Excellence in execution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Negotiation skills
• Result oriented
• Team orientated
• Able to set the right priorities and respect deadlines
• Adaptable and open minded
Work location: Milan