Employee | Tech | Professional | 2019-03-05 | REQ-10013226
Want to touch the lives of millions of customers around the world, turning their digital customer journey into a fantastic ride? Then join our global engineering team.
Our apps are used by millions of customers all over the globe, multiple times a day. We’re looking for experienced software engineers who can help turn their digital journey into a fantastic ride.
We’re on a mission
More and more people live their lives on digital platforms. And although competition is fierce, this is where we want to be. We want to be part of people’s lives, helping them make better decisions. Become the go-to-place for their financial matters. What will this platform of ours look like? We’re building it right now. And that’s where you come in.
What you’ll be working on
We work on high-performing, scalable, innovative, multi-channel applications that make our customers smile with every interaction.
We have positions available in teams that are working to improve our mobile banking app, our internet banking web app, global continuous deployment pipelines, generic web components libraries, cross-channel employee portals and much more. We’d love to know in which ING team you’d like to add value.
As a full stack software engineer, you’ll work in an international environment in one of our multidisciplinary squads. Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visual designers and product owners you’ll be building our next generation banking applications.
What you’ll get in return
- The chance to work in a global, innovation-driven company that loves tech.
- An international and diverse network of the best engineering talents.
- Many opportunities to test yourself, learn and grow.
- An agile, vibrant and flexible work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits, like a 13th month, pension scheme, personal allowance, laptop, mobile phone.
What you bring
We’re looking for creative, open-minded junior, mid-level and senior engineers who:
- Love solving technical and functional challenges.
- Quickly grasp new technical concepts, also outside of their comfort zone.
- Know what it’s like to work in multidisciplinary teams and embrace the agile way of working.
- Have great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding.
- Follow software development trends and technology in general, and enjoy sharing what they know with the rest of the organisation.
- Have strong social and communication skills (fluently speak and write English)
Your tech stack
- A proven track record and proficiency in software development.
For back end think about JVM-based with a focus on Java, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Cassandra, Oracle.
For front end: Polymer, Angular, Web components, Redux, NPM.
- Knowledge about databases, VMs, docker and cloud patterns are an advantage.
- Experience with (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. We work with Tomcat, Jenkins, Nolio, SonarQube, Fortify, Artifactory, Selenium among others.
Interested? Let’s chat
To find out more, hit the apply button and share your CV. We’ll be in touch.