Test Engineer – Data Management
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | 2019-01-11 | 055323
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. We are implementing the most innovative Data Management capabilities for ING. Our fast growing team consists of more than 500 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking. We work according ING’s New Agile Way of Working principles.
You will join Global Data Definitions which is part of the Chief Data Management Office in Amsterdam and responsible for activities that support effective data governance at ING.
Your day to day:
You will be part of a squad responsible for testing metadata packages and their compatibility with the underlying platform and therefore you will be creating and running validation, checklist, documentation and compatibility tests.
What you bring to the team:
• You have experience with testing processes (e.g. ETL). You understand test instructions quickly and apply them correctly. You can isolate issues and effectively report findings;
• Your interest is in data base design and data modelling and preferably have experience as support specialist in a datawarehouse environment. You have some understanding of relational database design and the benefits and limits of various database types;
• You have affinity with LINUX, SQL and ANSIBLE scripting/playbooks. You can read basic PYTHON scripts. You have advanced experience in working with EXCEL;
• You are fluent in English (writing and speaking). You have an inquisitive mind and 1 – 3 years’ experience in a complex dynamic international environment where collaboration to a large extend takes place via virtual communication. You are able/willing to travel occasionaly to ING locations outside Romania to build and maintain cross boarder cooperative relationships.
Considered a plus (for the advanced role):
• Banking Industry knowledge and understanding of products like deposits and loans;
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in an agile working environment;
• Experience with User Acceptance Testing;
• Experience with technical writing.