VMware NSX Engineer for the DataCenter & Networks squad
Employee | Tech | Professional | Netherlands | South Holland | 2019-06-06 | REQ-10018197
Global Tribe Data Centre & Networks acts cross Tribe / ING wide to formulate, align, communicate and advice on the definition and implementation of ING global network standards.
The Datacenter and Networks squad consists of 13-14 members (including a Product Owner), working in various areas of networking, covering a broad range of technologies.
The team is primarily based in Rotterdam (but working remotely from the Amsterdam office is also possible)
You are an energetic NSX Engineer with a passion for IT Infrastructure and positive can-do mind-set.
You are a team player, working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad with end-to-end responsibility for selected infrastructure services.
Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
Your “backpack” should contain
- Proven experience with VMware NSX
- Proven experience implementing VXLAN technologies
- Broad knowledge of LAN, WAN and DC environments
- Knowledge of routing and switching protocols in a highly available environment
- Knowledge and experience with Firewall products
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools
- You can manage (monitor, evaluate, continuously improve) Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management processes
- Technical implications of Security and Risk principles
- Clear understanding of consumer context and needs, as well as the value-add of your service to the consumer
- Understanding of the Scrum methodology (e.g. backlog and sprint planning, review and marketplace)
- Strong analytical skills
- You are inspiring, full of energy and passionate
- Focused on working together, facilitating others within the team to be successful
Your education and background
- Professional and intellectual IT ability at University level or Bachelor's degree
- Certifications and proven proficiency in the requested technologies and skills
- Good understanding, written and verbal, of English
- A good competitive salary
- Benefits like a 13th month, Public Transfer Business Card, Pension scheme etc.
- The opportunity to excel in what you do and become better every day
- A dynamic and international working environment